Whakatane Travel Guide

Whakatane, motel behind
    by WStat

Whakatane Things to Do

• Visit White Island

See travelogue for more about our interesting adventure trip to White Island with Pee Jay's Adventures, on the Pee Jay V (holds about 60 passengers, and they also have 1 smaller boat)The guides on board and on the island are informative without being too technical. They really looked after me when I was seasick both ways.

• Awakeri Hot Springs

The Awakeri Hot springs are a great place to visit and enjoy the thermal water of Nerw ZealandThere is a large outdoor pool and private spar's so all tastes are cated for.There are also cabins there and camping siutes available, as well as motel accomodation.

• Ohope Beach

Go over the hill to a great beach at Ohope. You can surf there, but it is also great swimming. Over the summer it is really popular with campers.

Whakatane Hotels

Whakatane Restaurants

• Roquette Restaurant and Bar

Roquette Restaurant was such a pleasant surprise and wonderful dining experience in this small coastal town. We dined for lunch so I don't have evening experience, but if I am ever back here overnight will dine here for sure. Located across the road from the river, sadly the water view is obscured, but nice lookout all the same. The ambience is...

• Simply divine!

Roquette Restaurant was such a pleasant surprise and wonderful dining experience in this small coastal town. We dined for lunch so I don't have evening experience, but if I am ever back here overnight will dine here for sure.Located across the road from the river, sadly the water view is obscured, but nice lookout all the same.The ambience is...

• great cooking

This is owned by the White Island tour people and is part of the hotel we stayed in. Very friendly people, great coffee and cakes. They also do breakfasts and meals although we did not try that. We had the Hummingbird cake with our coffee and it was delicious. (if anyone knows the recipe could you give it to me?)

Instant Answers: Whakatane

Comments

Explore Deeper into Whakatane
Map of Whakatane