Cooks Beach Travel Guide

Our Chariot Awaits Us!

Cooks Beach Things to Do

Front Entrance 2 more images

by jag17 Updated Mar 27, 2007

Another fun couple of hours is the Driving Creek Railway. The only narrow guage mountain railway in the country. The one hour trip winds through the forest to the top to enjoy the beautiful views from Eyefull Tower (567ft above sea level).

• Trains

Amusing Sculpture 3 more images

by jag17 Updated Mar 26, 2007

A fun, whacky place to spend a few hours. Beautiful grounds filled with amusing sculptures, assorted moving water parts, and tons of things to play on. Don't write this off as a kids place. My friend and I laughed and laughed as we ran from place to place. Almost more fun than Disneyland. I have attached only a few photos, but we took tons!

Our Chariot Awaits Us! 3 more images

by jag17 Updated Mar 26, 2007

Check out Cathedral Cove on foot, and for a different perspective go by boat! We took the hike down in the morning, and then signed up for an afternoon boat trip on the Hahei Explorer. It was absolutely gorgeous. An hour long adventure in, and around the reserve. The boat cruises at a pretty good clip (often very bouncy) for an hour long thrill. Tons of photo ops!

• Beaches

Cooks Beach Restaurants

Front Entrance 2 more images

by jag17 Updated Mar 27, 2007

Great food and entertainment in a casual atmosphere! Located just up the street from the Mussel Bed B&B, we had an awesome dinner at Eggcentric. The owner (Dave) will not only cook you a wonderful meal, you can enjoy his artwork on the walls while you dine, and then he will sing you a tune. Diners are encouraged to perform (for those with or without talent)!

We had the best time dining here. If you are in the area, definitely check it out!

Favorite Dish: I had a yummy beef dish, and I think my friend had the deer. They also served quite a selection of after dinner drinks. We actually tried several, but my favorite was one was called Flaming Sambuca! We weren't expecting it to be really set on fire at the table, but it was soooo good we had to have another :)

Instant Answers: Cooks Beach

Comments

Cooks Beach Travel Guide
Map of Cooks Beach