Lake Taupo Restaurants

Oh Yum!
    OMG....Simply Delicious!

Most Recent Restaurants in Lake Taupo

• rabbit06's Profile Photo

Huka Prawn Park Restaurant: Prawns Galore!

by rabbit06 Updated Sep 25, 2011

Very Pleasant!

Some say too expensive and they are probably correct, but you must try while your here and the Prawn prices are cheaper than in Shanghai, so get stuck in! We chose two platters for lunch which was enjoyed by the four of us, no one went hungry...lol

Favorite Dish: Prawns of course!

• Eco-Tourism

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

An internationally famous hamburger chain: A standout in a street

by iandsmith Written Sep 15, 2007

All aboard

I'm trying desperately not to name this place but, I have to hand it to them; putting an aeroplane at the front of your store is bound to attract attention!
    My opinion of their food is that it's average but they do have two things going for them. The toilets are usually clean (an important point for the ladies) and the air conditioning is nice and cool in summer (an important point for sweaty men).

Favorite Dish: I have to admit, I don't mind the milkshakes.

• School Holidays

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

The Bach: Class personified

by iandsmith Written Sep 7, 2007

The Bach equals quality in dining

The facade of this place belies the quality behind. This exudes class from the moment you walk in the door.
    From the subdued lighting to the fireplace to the solid wooden furniture to the well trained staff to the food itself (that's what I really came for wasn't it), I thought this place the finest we'd eaten at on all our New Zealand trips.
    Of course it costs a little more but, for me, it was worth it. After all, what are you saving your money for if it's not to have an experience like this.
    There's also and extensive wine list to suit all palates.
    Highly recommended.

Favorite Dish: I seem to remember having lamb. I seem to remember that it hardly matters where I have lamb I enjoy it but here even more so. Lamb needs to be rare for that wonderful flavour and chef knows just how to serve it up.
    Mind you, the dessert was to die for as well.

• Business Travel

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Tasty Thai

by frankcanfly Updated Oct 16, 2005

I don't remember what I had here, but I remember that it was delicious! I hadn't had any Thai food for weeks, and I'm sure I swallowed everything with a smile.

This restaurant is located right on the lakefront, attached to several other restaurants. It's a good area to walk around.

• cehansen's Profile Photo

The Mole and Chicken: Good food and cosy atmosphere

by cehansen Written Jul 14, 2005

A cosy bar and restaurant. We come here almost every time we visit Taupo. They don't take bookings, but if you have to wait, the food and prices make it worth your while. Family oriented, it has a good selection of menu items, with a "pre-teen" and "children's" menu also. Nothing fancy, just honest to goodness good value.

• cehansen's Profile Photo

Max Cafe: Sloooooow coffee

by cehansen Updated Jul 14, 2005

A great selection of food, but don't stop here if you are in a hurry. We stopped to grab a coffee only. Big mistake - after sitting at the tables outside for 20 minutes, we were becoming increasingly frustrated, as were another couple who had come in before us. Eventually we went back to the counter to ask, but they hadn't even started to make the coffee. All their wait staff were running around delivering food, and no-one was on coffee duty. We asked for and received a refund, and bought our coffee elsewhere. May be a glitch, but we had noticed a previous time that coffee arrived late. If you want a good feed, they are great, but if all you want is coffee, go to the mobile coffee trailer over the road!

• wkcsmt's Profile Photo

Prawn Farm Restaurant: Fresh Prawns

by wkcsmt Written Jan 22, 2005

This riverside restaurant provides a fabulous and unique alfresco venue with tranquil & spectacular views of the Waikato River and large open fire.

There is an exceptional range of delicious prawn platters and prawnless dishes are available from their A la Carte Menu. The restaurant's bar serves an extensive range of NZ beers and wines. This is a fully licensed restaurant.

They are also children friendly -providing special children's menu and indoor & outdoor play area's.

Open daily except on Christmas Day.
    Winter: 9:30am - 5pm
    Evening Summertime dining from 26 December - mid January (evening reservations recommended).

Favorite Dish: Prawn Platter - lots and lots of prawns...

• kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

Prawn Farm Restaurant: Prawn Park Farm

by kiwigal_1 Written Nov 30, 2004
    Prawn platter

This restaurant is known for its Prawns that have been raised in geothermally heated water on their own Prawn Farm.

The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating which overlooks the Waikato River. As it is located next to the Huka Jet you can see the boats on the river at regular intervals.

Apart from the restaurant you can also tour the farm if you are interested. Adults entry is $9 and Children are $2.50

Favorite Dish: You obviously have to try one of the dishes with Prawns in it!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Many Good Choices of Eateries

by keeweechic Updated Sep 1, 2002

Sadly, out of all the good restaurants in Taupo, a lot of them at the various motels/hotels, the one that I mainly remember the name of is the Cobb & Co which has been in Taupo for many many years. It is a good family restaurant also but if you are wanting a little more lake-side ambiance and intimacy try one of the nice hotels/motels right on the lake.

For a very special night out try Huka Lodge Restaurant at Huka Lodge.

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

McDonalds

by frankcanfly Written Oct 16, 2005

I generally avoid McDonalds.... especially overseas. But this one had something special: an airplane!! I got my burger, and sat in the cabin to eat my meal....

Instant Answers: Lake Taupo

Comments

Lake Taupo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lake Taupo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lake Taupo sightseeing.