Offbeat Originals Ltd, Wellington

Shp 6 Left Bank Off Cuba Mall Wellington

• Outdoor area for smoking with paua shell ashtray.
    Outdoor area for smoking with paua shell...
    by craic
  • craic's Profile Photo

Offbeat Originals: My sort of cafe

by craic Updated Jun 5, 2008

Outdoor area for smoking with paua shell ashtray.

First off I love the paua shell ashtrays that you collect for yourself in the bin by the fishpond by the door. Really know you are back in NZ when you see the good old paua shell ashtrays.

Second off I love their menu. You can get peanut butter milkshakes or you can be traditional and go for the blue heaven flavour. You can get a tofu burger (vegetarian or vegan) or you can get a burger burger. They also have a sign saying - Soupz we have gotz! - so someone is a LOLcat fan I think.

Third off I love their music. The staff are cheerful and helpful and young and eclectically dressed and are not a bit browbeaten into fakey fake behaviour. So they play the kind of music they want to hear. And, so far, it has been just great. I bet this is the kind of place that if I really didn't like the music I could tell them and they would change it.

Fourth off I love their collection of orange vacuum flasks.

The coffee is okay too. My only quibble is the coffee and milkshakes are all served in takeway cartons. Maybe they can't decide who should do the washing up.

Instant Answers: Wellington