Know about this? Rate It!
Motorcycle road trip
We booked a tour with Motorcyclesnewzealand.co.nz
The route: Christchurch, Arthur's Pass, Portsmouth, Havelock, Kaikaroa, Hanmer Springs back to Christchurch
Good roads, Great guide. Comfortable lodgings, Superb views!
We saw the south new zealand that most tourists do not see.
- Road Trip
Head them off at The Pass... Arthur's Pass
On our scenic drive from Christchurch to the West Coast of the South Island, we made a nice little stop in Arthur's Pass National Park. It is located about 150km Northwest of ChCh, and can easily be reached in 2.5 hours by car by taking Highway 73 out of town. Whether you head out for a short day trip, or go out to spend the night, it is a nice little diversion from the city and has some great views!
For more information on Arthur's Pass National Park, I have included a separate VT Page for it below:
- National/State Park
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Christchurch Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Navua Hotels
- Cheatham Annex Hotels
- San Miguel de Cozumel
- Tesano Hotels
- Mashapaug Hotels
- Osaka Off The Beaten Path
- Barranquilla Off The Beaten Path
- Sopot Off The Beaten Path
- Seoul Off The Beaten Path
- Lisbon Off The Beaten Path
- Barbados Off The Beaten Path
- Kamloops Off The Beaten Path
- Kota Kinabalu Off The Beaten Path
- Minnesota Off The Beaten Path
- Nevada Off The Beaten Path
- San Luis Obispo Off The Beaten Path