Know about this? Rate It!
Not exactly off the beaten...
Not exactly off the beaten track but close to Christchurch is the town of Methven (about 1.5 hours drive). Methven is the gateway to the Famous Mt Hutt ski field, the highst in the Southern Hemisphere.
Mt Hutt sits high on the eastern rim of New Zealand's awesome Southern Alps. With a stunning backdrop of range after range of snowclad peaks and staggering views across the patchwork quilt of the Canterbury Plains to the Pacific Ocean Mt Hutt captures the essence of the New Zealand experience.
Mt Hutt is arguably the best ski field in the southern hemisphere, because of it's light dry powder which makes it a playground for skiers and snowboarders alike, in conjunction with it's long season and reliable snow coverage backed up by modern snow making facilities, giving the mountain a season from the beginning of May to the end of October.
Heliskiing? intermediate to expert skiers and snow boarders can enjoy the stunning wilderness of New Zealands mountains with a day of heliskiing. Professional guides will take you by helicopter to ski or board untracked snow, amongst world class mountains and glaciers.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site
Christchurch Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Peddapuram Hotels
- State of Rajasthan Hotels
- Kealkill Hotels
- Olympic National Park
- Stuarts Draft Hotels
- Waiheke Island
- Majorca Island Off The Beaten Path
- Gatlinburg Off The Beaten Path
- Marburg an der Lahn Off The Beaten Path
- Bali Off The Beaten Path
- Miami Off The Beaten Path
- Lisbon Off The Beaten Path
- Cape Town Off The Beaten Path
- France Off The Beaten Path
- Santa Monica Off The Beaten Path
- Pokhara Off The Beaten Path
- Ho Chi Minh City Off The Beaten Path
- Nevada Off The Beaten Path