La Porchetta, Christchurch

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo

La Porchetta: Good Quality, Good Service, Good Price

by Kakapo2 Updated Jun 8, 2011

Post-earthquake update June 2011

Very pleased to tell you that La Porchetta - as well as Riccarton Mall - is fully operational.

Riccarton and Upper Riccarton have become the top alternative for dining out since the CBD has been shut down, with dozens of great restaurants and cafés out of action.

Another hub of hospitality is the suburb of Merivale.

Sometimes we go to La Porchetta after cinema at Hoyts in Riccarton Mall, as this Italian franchise restaurant is right outside the mall.

Last time I was pleasantly surprised of the quality of my pasta (mushroom in a creamy sauce), because when I had had pasta several months earlier I had decided not to order pasta anymore ;-) It was bland, it was muddy, hours away from al dente. This time it was just right.

You can choose any kind of pasta and combine it with any kind of sauce. A lot of vegetarian options are available. Everything is cooked with fresh ingredients.

The pizza has always been very good.

I would rate the desserts as average. I could clearly identify my tiramisù as such - but have eaten lots of better ones at other places. Did not try the ice-creams as they do not look really Italian.

I would not go to La Porchetta for a romantic evening (although lots of people seem to do so), as it has a flight touch of fast food outlet. More if you want to get reasonable food without long waiting time, friendly service and great value for money.

Instant Answers: Christchurch

Comments

Hotels Near La Porchetta
2.0 out of 5 stars