Santorini, Christchurch

by worldkiwi
    Greek Dancers
    by rozehill
  • worldkiwi's Profile Photo

Santorini: Greek Ouzeri in Christchurch.

by worldkiwi Written Oct 1, 2006

The Santorini restaurant, located at the northern end of Cambridge Terrace, serves hearty meals at dinner time, all for NZ$26. The entrees are also a generous size and almost a meal in themselves! This restaurant has a very popular bar.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed greek meatballs, which were served with a lot of vegetables and salad, which was good. For my starter I had a serving of spinakopita.

Santorini Restaurant, Christchurch.

• Santorini: Santorini

by grkboiler Written Feb 26, 2004

Santorini is an authentic Greek restaurant. The inside is decorated just like a Greek village, and the atmosphere is great. When dinner winds down and the live Greek music starts playing, everybody gets up to dance.

I had a great time at this restaurant. The owner, Costa, was very friendly and sat and talked to me during dinner, before he went off to play the bouzouki for all the customers. "You know, every time I get another Greek in here from outside New Zealand, they come from Chicago."

I went on a Wednesday night, which was still good, but Costa told me he gets most of his business on Fridays and Saturdays. The restaurant is open Tuesday through Saturday from 6 PM til late, with live music every night.

Favorite Dish: I started off with a shot of ouzo, had a kalamari appetizer, and ate moussaka for dinner. I finished it off with a Greek coffee. Couldn't have been more satisfied, and listening to the live music topped off the night perfectly.

Santorini

• rozehill's Profile Photo

Santorini: Greek

by rozehill Written May 3, 2003

The 'Santorini Brothers' perform your favourite Greek music every night, with the sound of the bouzouki creating a warm party atmosphere

Greek Dancers