Know about this?
Check your weather here!
Ok, it's neither a warning nor a danger, but I've got to post this somewhere, and this is one of the few categories that has a website link built into it.
This site mentioned below, by the Christchurch City Council gives you up-to-date weather info. Very useful.
Air pollution in winter
Christchurch lies on a river plain and most of the time in winter it's not that windy, so the smog settles pretty quickly. Add to that all the fireplaces and woodburners in people's homes than you have a recipe for bad air. It's supposed to have been worse 10-20 years back, but I think it's still bad. So bad that when I went to Wellington on a short trip I noticed after having cleansed my senses with fresh windy sea air, that all my clothing, my bags and myself smelled like "soot" as if I'd been lying smouldering in a fireplace. Yuk!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Christchurch Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Tokyo Hotels
- West Hollywood Hotels
- Boca Chica Key
- Ventura Hotels
- Bang O Hotels
- Santorini Island
- Santa Monica
- Hat Yai Warnings and Dangers
- Boston Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Galera Warnings and Dangers
- Houston Warnings and Dangers
- Corsica Warnings and Dangers
- Louisville Warnings and Dangers
- Baltimore Warnings and Dangers
- Areas to Avoid / Crime
- Guyana Warnings and Dangers
- China Warnings and Dangers
- Hamilton Warnings and Dangers
- Mexico City Warnings and Dangers