Picton Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Picton

• pepples46's Profile Photo

not the way to drive

by pepples46 Written Dec 13, 2005

have a look at the pic, shot was taken at a roadside restplace....I suppose they had all a good time, but I hate to meet them on the road..of course it could have been a Busload of tourist, but then..I hate to be their Driver too
    but what I wanna say is...don't drink and drive or you are a bloody idiot
    fines are high here in NZ and losing the drivers licences immidiatly for 6month, first offence!

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo

Swift weather changes

by Kate-Me Written Apr 26, 2004

misty Wellington

Being from Australia, I know a fair bit about variable weather, but New Zealand really took me by surprise...sometimes all that separated a brilliantly blue sunny day with a wet, raining grey one was 30 minutes!

Here's a prime example:
    the day we left Wellington they were forecasting 120 km/hr winds, and it took all my strength just to open the outside door on the ferry to go outside to watch Wellington disappear behind us, but less than 3 hours later, we emerged into bright sunshine on the Picton side, completely calm, and I wouldn't have thought it possible.

• Cruise

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo

Variable Weather 2

by Kate-Me Written Apr 26, 2004

And here is the other side of the coin...the bright, sunny day, just 2 1/2 hours after the Wellington mist photo.

• Cruise

Instant Answers: Picton

Comments

Picton Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Picton warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Picton sightseeing.