Know about this? Rate It!
Chill out in Glenfalloch Gardens.
Glenfalloch means 'peaceful valley' and this place is indeed just that. The gardens are free (donations welcome) and there is plenty of parking. They are only a short drive from Dunedin along the scenic coastal Portobello Road, that hugs the Otago Harbour. There is a cafe on site that serves nice coffee and muffins. The gardens are privately owned.
It was here that I first heard and saw bellbirds, one of NZ's most beautiful song birds. When I arrived, the valley was filled with their unusual bell like chimes and up by the pottery shop (yes, local pottery is sold here), I actually saw one. We don't have them in Auckland, so it was a treat. Later on, I began to see them a lot, especially in inland Otago... but this was special.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Dunedin Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Cornwall Island Hotels
- Muskoka Falls Hotels
- Cape Hatteras State Park Hotels
- Zakarpats'ka Oblast'
- Rapid City Hotels
- Copenhagen Off The Beaten Path
- Mersing Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Off The Beaten Path
- Newport Off The Beaten Path
- Sedona Off The Beaten Path
- Wisconsin Off The Beaten Path
- Tehachapi Off The Beaten Path
- Bermuda Off The Beaten Path
- Bacolod City Off The Beaten Path
- Beijing Off The Beaten Path
- Strasbourg Off The Beaten Path
- The Bahamas Off The Beaten Path