Know about this? Rate It!
Explore the Catlins
Waipapa Point is one of several places along the Catlins Coast where it is possible to see Hooker’s Sea Lions. These endangered animals are found mostly at the sub-Antarctic Auckland Islands, but a few live on the Otago Peninsula, the Catlins Coast, and on and around Stewart Island. Much larger and more aggressive than the shy New Zealand Fur Seal, these animals require a wide berth. Although they look lazy and harmless as they lounge in the sand, they can move astonishingly fast when necessary and you should never get between them and the ocean. The Catlins also is home to New Zealand Fur Seals, Yellow-eyed and Little Penguins, and scores of other marine animals.
- Hiking and Walking
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Dunedin Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Lake Scugog Hotels
- Massaponax Hotels
- Bukit Panjang New Town Hotels
- Nea Kallikratia
- Departamento de Islas de la Bahía
- Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Pulau Aceh Hotels
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Cabo San Lucas Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- New Orleans Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Bangalore Off The Beaten Path
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Off The Beaten Path
- Madrid Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path
- Arkansas Off The Beaten Path