Moeraki Restaurants

Inside Fleur's
    by allikat

Most Recent Restaurants in Moeraki

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Fluer's Place: Best Seafood in NZ!

by DSwede Updated Oct 2, 2010
    Fleur's Place - the Carpet Bag

I had been told about this restaurant for a long time by some of my local friends. I took it to heart when some of those who had told me about Fluer's as being the best do not like seafood.

My mouth started to water as we walked in and I could see and smell the plates on the other tables. I knew I was in for a treat. There is no other way to put it, it is the best seafood in NZ.

The building is made entirely out of recycled or reused goods. It feels like a wood cabin, but also has a nautical theme to it. If the weather is nice, there are plenty of outdoor tables.

Favorite Dish: Everything on the menu was delicious. The soups were rich and creamy. The 'carpet bag' (see photo) was moist and so flavorful I had a hard time slowing myself down to enjoy each bite.

There are also daily chalkboard specials.

• allikat's Profile Photo

Fleur's: Fleur's for fantastic seafood!

by allikat Updated Aug 9, 2008

View from the terrace at Fleur's

I think Fleur's is pretty special and I'm still waiting to enjoy a proper meal there! The day we had intended to visit to celebrate my birthday we were suddenly invited for lunch elsewhere. Feeling that we couldn't refuse we dashed out there afterwards for a couple of chilled white wines on the terrace before heading back to Dunedin for our flight to Auckland. We are now living much closer, so I'll be updating this tip sometime soon.

Over the last couple of years it has become known as one of New Zealand's best seafood restaurants. Made of corrugated iron and having a rather ramshackel air about it from the outside, the inside is is a mixture of old wood and new, with decorations suiting it's seafood theme - rope, fishing nets, shells. It does this well, and isn't remotely tacky. Fleur herself was around while we were there, supervising a catch that was just coming in and stopped briefly to chat. I love seafood and the menu would have kept me happily entertained for ages.

Watch this space!

• Moeraki Boulders Cafe & Bar: Great fresh Seafood and amazing food

by NZrocks Written Oct 21, 2006

Enjoy awesome food while soaking up the most amazing view over the ocean, staring out at the boulders and all the way to moeraki, absoultely magical! Why not even have a wine or two while soaking it all up. They are only open for breakfast and lunch at the mo, till about 5pm I think.

Favorite Dish: I had the salmon salad and my partner had the seafood plater, hmm amazing soo much food. We then topped it off with a moist chocolate cake that just melted in our mouths.

• School Holidays

• pepples46's Profile Photo

Moeraki Boulders Restaurant: high above the Cliffs

by pepples46 Updated Mar 27, 2006

the Restaurant, pic taken from the web

all round view, lovely glaswindow setting and especially in the late afternoon, with the low sun setting, the atmosphere is quite stunning. the interior is in wood furbishing which makes lunch or dinner very enjoyable
    and afterwards you can walk down to the beach and the Boulders, for free
    when not a guest at the Restaurant, you also can walk down, but for a cost of US$1.- each!
    have a look at the other pix

Favorite Dish: Seafood of course is fresh and the portions are very generous

• Archeology

Instant Answers: Moeraki

Comments

Moeraki Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Moeraki restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Moeraki sightseeing.