Wanaka, Queenstown

Know about this? Rate It!

Puzzling World
    Lake Wanaka
    Cinema Paradiso
  • imstress's Profile Photo

Wanaka

by imstress Written Mar 19, 2006

Wanaka is rated as the best town of my South Island trip.

Very beautiful secneries here. There are mountains, lakes and clear blue sky and nice weather. What else could I ask for?

In winter, you could go for skiing as there are many good skiing slopes around here.

It has a unique cinema Paradiso located at Ardmore Street near the Caltex Station. Go there early and select your favourite seat.

I would love to spend a day at The Puzzling World by Stuart Landsborough. This is a very interesting place for all ages. You wil be fascinated by all the Illusions. It is like a mini Science Centre back home.

• robertgaz's Profile Photo

Wanaka

by robertgaz Written Dec 29, 2009

Lake Wanaka

Wanaka is a small town situated at the southern end of Lake Wanaka and was originally settled during the gold rush excitement of the 19th century.

It is the gateway to Mount Aspiring National Parkand is a resort town for both summer and winter activities.

It is about an hour's drive from Queenstown.

• Museum Visits

• bali_junkie's Profile Photo

Toasting away by the lakeside of Wakatipu

by bali_junkie Updated Jul 27, 2007
    my javanese flip-flops

Got up late that morning, like always :D, feeling completely refreshed. Since we needed to get internet access in late afternoon, we decided to hang around in the city center. There're rows of cafes right across the lake, but it seemed that the crowd were attracted to something else. Large billboards bearing colorful photographs from around the world with a little description below were lined up along the park. Wait, there's something else..... a few local artists placed blocks of tiles in the park, some sort of "walk of history", dating back from 1800 up to 2007..... Quite an interesting touch.

It was still 3 more hours to midday. Got plenty of time in our hands and we decided to spread our blanket on a carpet of fresh lime green grass by the lake. What a great spot! Chilled white wine in a glass, a plate of sliced cheese & smoked salmon. Perfect! We're all set for the afternoon. I've never realized how much I miss the sun. How warm it felt brushing against my skin. Hmm, toasty!

Lazying under the afternoon sky, giggling, sprawling, breathing in the breeze coming in from the lake. Aaaahhhh..... Luv spending days like this with you, babe.

** From my posting http://dreaminterlude.blogspot.com

Instant Answers: Queenstown

Comments

Other Off The Beaten Path in Queenstown