One day tour Queenstown-Milford Sound
Consider the following points if you are thinking to join the popular one day bus tour plus afternoon cruise to Milford Sound departing from Queenstown:
1. The road trip is strenuous (12 hours, go and return). Just the section between Te Anau and Milford Sound is spectacular (if you can see the landscape…).
2. The cruise is just a few hours long. Actually Milford Sound is a small fjord with about 10 miles.
3. The weather is generally rainy on the West Coast of New Zealand. To be more precise Milford Sound is one of the wettest places in the world; this explains the magnificent rain forest, but can be very upsetting.
In my opinion it is not worthwhile to go on this tour.
Fun Alternatives: If you decide to visit Milford Sound, you must stay a couple of days in the area.
There are many companyes offering a jet ride, check carefully the prices and how long you'll be in the water! The ShotoverJet is the only company with a license to go through the canyons and it seems this is the reason why they overcharge you! 99$ for a 20min ride, although they say is 25 min. There are companies offering much longer trips and a lower rates.
As part of the deal when you pay for the bungu jump, you get a video of yourself (I think the language needs to be censored) and a T-shirt. I watch part of the video and change into the T-shirt before going back on the coach.
- Bungy Jumping
Full of souvenir shops
In the tourists shops the goods are sooo expensive, but it does pay to shop around as there will surely be lots of competition
Unique Suggestions: Just don't settle for the first price, often you can find exactly the same item cheaper a few door along the street.
- Skiing and Boarding
- Mountain Climbing
Who needs a cerificate?
At the end of the rafting trip, we are taken, exhausted but thrilled, back up again to shower and get changed. We are given a free burger and a certificate to prove we survived!
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site