Gore Travel Guide

• Gore
    by Josilver
  • Sunset View Seen From Our Car's Wing Mirror
    Sunset View Seen From Our Car's Wing...
    by Aidy_p
    Jac Standing Beside Our Heater and Bed
    by Aidy_p

Gore Things to Do

• Josilver's Profile Photo

by Josilver Written Dec 19, 2006

The Gore country music awards are held in May each year and attract fans from all over the country - this may be a good time to stay away

It's a bit fishy

by grets Written Sep 16, 2004

Gore is the centre of trout fishing, with more than 40 rivers to choose from. In the centre of town, right by the tourist information centre, is a statue to the trout.

• Gore Hotels

3 Hotels in Gore

13 Reviews and Opinions

Gore Hotels

Gore Restaurants

• Aidy_p's Profile Photo
    B&B with a Restaurant

by Aidy_p Written May 15, 2007

Located in the Bed & Breakfast lodging itself, the restaurant serves local food like Lamb Chops. Open from 9am till late (They open only at 9am as they have to serve morning breakfast to their stay-in guests), you can either choose to dine-in or do a takeaway.

Favorite Dish: The food is just so-so. You will stand a better chance of getting better food when you head to the town centre.

by grets Written Sep 16, 2004

Having been given freshly baked muffins by our hosts on the Farm Stay when leaving this morning, we decided we would rather have a picnic than try a restaurant. Along the side of the road, a little out of town, we found a picnic table where we could fully enjoy these delicious cakes.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Gore? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Gore Shopping

Serves you right mate!

by grets Written Sep 16, 2004

In a small gift shop, we came across this rabbit equipped with a gun. I thought it was very appropriate, as I hadn't approved of David going rabbit shooting the day before on the farm!

Gore Warnings and Dangers

• Aidy_p's Profile Photo
    Believe What You See

by Aidy_p Written May 15, 2007

I got caught by a police officer for speeding. I was in a 50km/h zone and guess what speed I was going? 68km/h. You got to be kidding!!!

In Singapore, the police officer would definitely not book you for this unless you're doing speeds beyond 20km/h. So instead of buying sourvenirs, I ended paying the government NZ$120 for this act. Also, it was a nightmare looking for Westpac to pay the fine...sheesh!

Gore Off The Beaten Path

by grets Written Sep 16, 2004

All around this are we see deer farming - some of them have very impressive antlers. Apparently they scrape the "velvet" off it and use in a similar way to ginseng for added energy and potency. It is also said to be good against arthritis amongst other things.

Gore Sports & Outdoors

by grets Written Sep 16, 2004

At a children's playground we came across this tight rope, and being the eternal child, I had to have a go! You just can't take me anywhere!

Instant Answers: Gore

Comments

Gore Travel Guide
Map of Gore