Safety Tips in Saipan

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in Saipan

• city_guy's Profile Photo

Be warned....

by city_guy Updated Jun 7, 2003

I can only give everyone a stern warning as I was almost caught by the beauty and charm that the island had to offer me. It..it..made me want to give up everything and just stay there for the rest of my life.

I almost succumbed...I fought...fought...very...very... hard, but after 7 days of fighting, I managed to dig up the courage in me to approach the hotel reception and say the words "checking out please". Then, it was done! Dragging my luggage not looking back, I made my way into the waiting taxi and headed straight to the airport. My fears were almost over until I saw more and more tourist arriving with smiles from cheek to cheek. Should I turn back? I looked into my wallet.... *gasp*.. no, so without a doubt, I checked in the depature.

Well, I WARN all those going there, 'Becareful of the beauty of the island' as it may slowly poison you and you might just end up there for the rest of your lives.

• Beaches
    • Luxury Travel

• squidly2's Profile Photo

Diving the grotto

by squidly2 Written Mar 30, 2006

If you are diving the grotto, go with a reputable tour operator (I dove with Speedy Tertle - they were great). It is basically a cave that has underwater caverns that got out to the ocean. But once you're on the ocean side, the openings are hard to find. Even if you surface, you are looking at a big cliff, and can't get back on the land. Don't be afraid of this dive - it's awesome. Just do it with a divemaster. My understanding is that a few people are lost each year doing this dive.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• 1oddduck's Profile Photo

StayON.ThePath!

by 1oddduck Written Nov 24, 2006

Getting off the beaten path will take you where you do not want to go---the jungle.
    Once there, and you have no machete, you might as well let the creepy-crawlers have you. You will be gone in three days if you don't find yer way back.
    But, thats IF you find yer way---ALOT of jungle out-there!
    And, the vines, as you see here, can 'wrap-you-up' and hang-you!
    {many shoes and flip-flops are found like this----"hanging"....}
    Beware and BeAware!

Top Saipan Hotels

Garapan Hotels
22 Hotels

Instant Answers: Saipan

Comments

Saipan Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Saipan warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saipan sightseeing.
Map of Saipan