Places to eat in Palau

Most Viewed Restaurants in Palau

• adelinemmc's Profile Photo

MJ Burger Hut: Simple local food and burgers

by adelinemmc Written Feb 11, 2015

This is a local cafe with no air-conditioning but ceiling fans. It seems to cater to a mix of locals and tourists.
    The menu is displayed on the wall by way of pictures of dishes with prices. They had fresh fish & squid at $6, noodles dishes from $4, the classic adobo and of course a few burgers at between $5 and $6.
    Ice tea was very good and at $1.50

It does take-away as well.
    When we were there they were going through renovations so accessing the toilet was 'interesting'.

Favorite Dish: We had the dish of the day: grilled mahi-mahi filet with rice for $5.
    The portion was not huge but enough for me and the price unbeatable.

The Coffee Berry Cafe: Great coffee and free wi-fi

by CEP1863 Written Aug 16, 2014

This place was great for getting an early breakfast before diving as it opened at 07:00 each morning. The coffee is good and strong and comes in two sizes. There is limited seating outside and plenty of seating inside. The menu is quite limited; it is really a coffee house. I did have the oats on a couple of occasions but these are not freshly prepared, they are the per packed variety to which you just add hot water.

One of the big bonuses of this place, besides a good cup of coffee, is access to free wi-fi. This seems to be quite a unique thing in Palau as in the majority of restaurants you have to purchase pre-paid internet card in order to access the internet.

If you want to drink a decent cup of coffee then I would suggest that you head here.

Favorite Dish: Great cafe latte.

Coffee Berry Cafe Coffee Berry Cafe

The Taj: High quality Indian restaurant

by CEP1863 Updated Aug 16, 2014

I really wanted to eat a curry and this restaurant is handily located in the centre of Koror. They picked me up from my hotel and I was afforded a very warm welcome. The menu is extensive and varied and as well as a whole range of meat and fish dishes, there was plenty of choice for vegetarians.

I chose a Mango lassi to drink and it was perfect and really refreshing. As a starter I opted for Delhi samosas which claimed to be authentic. They were very well made and really well spiced. For a main course I opted for Dhingi Matar which is fresh mushroom with garden peas and to accompany this, I chose a garlic nan. Both were excellent and I was really pleased with how well my curry had been spiced with fresh ginger. I returned once more during my stay and this time opted for Chana Peshawari accompanied by a tandoori paratha. With this dish, they will spice according to your own personal taste and once again it was full of flavour.

If you want something different from many of the restaurants in Koror, then I would recommend giving the Taj serious consideration.

Open for lunch daily 11:00 - 14:00
    Open for dinner daily 17:00 - 22:00

Favorite Dish: The Dhingi Matar was really well cooked - I asked the chef who said that almonds had been blended into the oil and then added to a tikka masala based sauce.

The Chana Peshawari is chickpeas cooked overnight and served n a potato and green chilli sauce, I found this to be spiced exactly as I like it and packed full of flavour.

The Taj, Koror, Palau The Taj, Koror, Palau The Taj, Koror, Palau

Drop Off a Bar & Grill: Great atmosphere

by CEP1863 Written Aug 11, 2014

This place is more akin to an outdoor bar as opposed to a restaurant and is a great spot for casual dining. Drop Off is pleasantly situated on the waterfront with a lovely outlook. There are plenty of tables and the vast majority have huge umbrellas to give you welcome shade on a hot day. There is a great, relaxed atmosphere and the staff are really friendly, all in all it is a great spot to pass a couple of hours after a day's diving.

The menu is extensive with plenty of choice but little for vegetarians. After speaking to the waiting staff however they were quite happy to make a vegetable stir fry for me. It was really good, packed with fresh vegetables - perhaps they should include it in their menu.

Open til late - this place claims to have the longest happy hour on Palau!

Favorite Dish: The vegetable stir fry that they cooked especially for me was brilliant!

Drop Off Bar & Grill Drop Off Bar & Grill

Okeanos: Fantastic Italian food

by CEP1863 Updated Aug 11, 2014

This restaurant was formerly called Little Italy. I was greeted with a very warm welcome and quickly seated, freshly baked complimentary bread was bought to the table and it was delicious. The restaurant has a rustic decor and tables are spaced far enough apart so as you do not feel as if you are sitting on top of other diners.

The menu was varied and as a vegetarian, I really was spoilt for choice. Eventually, I opted for a starter of Arancini di Riso followed by Spinach and Ricotta Cheese Calzone. There was also an extensive wine list. The food was amazing, perfectly seasoned with high quality ingredients clearly being used.

This is, without hesitation, somewhere that I would recommend.

Favorite Dish: My starter of Arancini di Riso was amazing. Fried rice balls stuffed with mozzarella cheese and served with a lovely seasoned fresh tomato sauce.

Arancini di Riso at Okeanos Spinach & Ricotta Calzone at Okeanos Okeanos Restaurant, Palau Okeanos Restaurant

Jive Restaurant: Dine and watch the sunset

by CEP1863 Written Aug 8, 2014

I happened upon this place by chance when out walking. The restaurant is set on the waters edge with a dock right in front of it. Staff were really friendly and told me that it was a great place to watch the sunset. I made a reservation and the owner arranged to pick me up from where I was staying at no charge.

My lift was on time and again I was warmly welcomed into the restaurant with a lovely table looking out across the bay. The menu is very extensive and really caters more for an Asian clientele but I was able to find a couple of dishes that the chef modified into vegetarian dishes for me.

There is a huge range of alcoholic cocktails available and a large selection of wine but I opted for a mango drink which really was refreshing.

There was live music that added to the ambience as it was not at all intrusive. The restaurant also takes you back to your hotel at no cost.

Open for dinner from 16:30 to 23:30 daily.

Favorite Dish: I loved the Vietnamese fresh lumpia that the chef made. They were stuffed with lovely fresh vegetables and came with a nice chilli sauce.

Vietnamese fresh lumpia at Jive Restaurant Sunset from Jive Restaurant

The Rock Island Cafe: Great place for breakfast

by CEP1863 Written Aug 8, 2014

Situated very close to the DW Motel, this made a great place to stop by for breakfast. Staff were incredibly friendly and every day I was afforded a real warm welcome. There is plenty of variety in the menu, not just for breakfast. I opted for the blueberry pancakes. They were very generously sized and were light and packed with fresh blueberries - a great way to start the day.

This is also a wi-fi hotspot and if you purchase a prepaid card, $2 for an hour or $10 for seven hours, there is a good wi-fi signal.

Favorite Dish: I would recommend the pancakes if you are eating breakfast there.

Blueberry pancakes at Rock Island Cafe Rock Island Cafe Rock Island Cafe

• Ekahau's Profile Photo

Rock Island Cafe: Palau's American Dinner

by Ekahau Written May 25, 2013

Rock Island Cafe is a nice clean basic american hangout and cafe good breakfast after spending thee week in China this was a great place for breakfast . eggs beacon breakfast burrito. it has 25 tables service very good very friendly a bar, Tv and fast cable internet for $2.
    Cash only

they seem to keep Sabbath because they close Friday evening until Saturday evening sundown so i asked if they served kosher turns out the are Seventh day Adventist I was told

Favorite Dish: American Breakfast

rock Island Cafe

• Ekahau's Profile Photo

Arirang Restaurant: Go Korean

by Ekahau Updated May 25, 2013

Korean Buffet or 14.95 not bad for Palau

Favorite Dish: Bin dae duk are Korean pancakes and they are one of my favorite comfort foods I love them because they are so tasty and made not of flour but of mung beans. I like mine with lots of veggies but they also have small amount of pork or shrimps.

Galbi is made with beef short ribs, marinated in a sauce of soy sauce, water, garlic, sugar, and sliced onions. It taste best when grilled on the table very yummy!!

Arirang Restaurant. Palau bin dae duk Galbi beef short ribs

• Elilai Restaurant: Stunning Atmosphere with Decadent Cuisine

by bphilli80 Written Jul 5, 2011

Elilai Restaurant offers excellent Pacific Rim cuisine. They use fresh local ingredients in their recipes including organic veg and fresh local seafood. The interior of the restaurant is stylish and contemporary and casual. They have a gorgeous view of the lagoon in Koror.

Favorite Dish: Seared Pepper Tuna with Korean Style Spicy Sauce. Fresh fish steak cooked to perfection with delicious Korean Spicy Sauce served atop a bed of mashed potatoes. Delectable!

• Business Travel

• Kyle-Taiwan's Profile Photo

Burgers are the cheapest

by Kyle-Taiwan Written Apr 18, 2010

There are a couple burger stands around, they are the cheapest thing to eat and are "American" style. About $5 (USD) for burger/fries.

If your on a budget, this is your choice, unless you have a kitchen then there is the grocery store.

Favorite Dish: Cheese Burger

• iamstu72's Profile Photo

Unknown: Hamburger's on Koror are not to miss!!

by iamstu72 Updated Apr 13, 2008

Okay, so I don't know the name. You won't miss the obvious white trailer that sells the hamburgers on Koror!

Favorite Dish: I ate the hamburger. My husband and son had the cheeseburger...we're not kidding you - these hamburgers are not to miss!!

• iamstu72's Profile Photo

Rock Island Cafe: Must eat here!!

by iamstu72 Written Apr 13, 2008

This is not to be missed - nor is it hard to find. With a large, lighted sign outside this is one place that's hard to miss. We were told to eat here for the pizza. I ordered the local mix pizza, my husband choose a custom toppings pizza, while our son enjoyed the local curry dish. Each of these were delicious. One of the best dinners that we has on our entire stay. The service was fast and pleasant. We even purchased a "story board" from the restaurant for a very reasonable price!!

Favorite Dish: Local mix pizza and curry dish.

• iamstu72's Profile Photo

Dock Side Restaurant: Landmark Marina Hotel - Yummy!!

by iamstu72 Written Apr 13, 2008

We stayed at this hotel, so it get convenience points, that aside, we ate breakfast every morning as well as two dinners here. We enjoyed each meal. The breakfast buffet was big and offered the regular fare of eggs, meats, cereal, and toast as well as local foods like fresh cut fruits, small breakfast cakes, and toast with a tuna mixture that is absolutely delicious (though you can order breakfast off the menu as well). The lunch and dinner menu features items that range from hamburgers to lobster. You can choose to eat your meal inside where it's air conditioned, on the veranda, on the dock where they have tables with umbrellas, as well as a private party room with a spectacular view. Top it off with really great customer service!! Every time we had the opportunity to eat here we enjoyed it very much.

Favorite Dish: The breakfast buffet (LOVE those purple coconut cakes) and the veggie stir fry.

• iamstu72's Profile Photo

Palau Pacific Resort: PPR - Biggest rip off with horrible food!!

by iamstu72 Written Apr 13, 2008

We couldn't have been more taken with the look of this resort. It's seriously some of the better views on the island. We decided to eat at the resort's buffet that night. Not only was the food HORRIBLE but it was more than $30 USD per person. Even the desserts were dried out and bad tasting. For us, it was a waste of money and digestion.

Favorite Dish: None

Palau Hotels

• DW Motel

Stayed here for first part of my trip, mainly because of it's proximity to Fish 'n Fins Dive Centre....

• Palau Pacific Resort

20 Reviews - 35 Photos
Koror Hotels
3 Reviews - 9 Photos

Instant Answers: Palau

Comments

Palau Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Palau restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Palau sightseeing.
Map of Palau