PNG Art
    Supermarkets
    PNG Art

• Highland Tobacco Traders

while looking at the range of tobacco for sale the guys selling the leaf tabacco told us that if we wern't keen on tobacco and want something a bit stronger they also had a good supply of "Gunga" for sale

• Bead Necklaces & Artifact Jewelry

The women seemed to compete with the men here, selling their artifacts which consisted primarily of beaded jewelry, headpieces and baubles - much like the Karawari villagers had. The items would usually be displayed right on the ground, and the women were never pushy about selling...they were almost shy about it. My guess is that tourism was still...

• Beautiful Sepik Wood Carvings & Masks

Each village was proud to display their painted wooden carvings...usually produced by the men passing the time in the Haus Tambaran.I brought back some very cool masks and have them on display in our home today. I think they are very specific to the region, and don't at all resemble Asian or African masks (at least not in my opinion).I also brought...

• Shopping in the Highlands

This woman was selling breadfruit and avocados by the side of the road. We pulled the jeep over so that I could buy a couple of avocados from her. If you see someone selling something by the side of the road, it's usually safe to purchase from the vendor (and much appreciated).It is also a great photo opportunity because there are usually children...

• Saturday Morning Bustle

One of Port Moresby's main shopping areas was in Boroko, just inland from the harbour area. It had a wide variety of stores to choose from and was usually extra busy on a Saturday morning. Of course the heat and humidity was present even in the early morning hours, so I would usually throw myself into our swimming pool at the end of the expedition!

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Papua New Guinea? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Papua New Guinea Hotels

5 Reviews - 6 Photos
Alotau Hotels
1 Hotel

Instant Answers: Papua New Guinea

Comments

Papua New Guinea Shopping

Reviews and photos of Papua New Guinea shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Papua New Guinea sightseeing.
Map of Papua New Guinea