Related Solomon Islands Favorites Tips

Most Viewed Favorites in Solomon Islands

• I would take someone special...

by Temaine Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: I would take someone special to me to a little beach just of Selwyn College, west Guadalcanal. I would take them into a small grass house that overlooks the beach. It is a place that brings much peace to me.

If you go to the Solomons, you absolutley MUST go to church for even just one service. Whether you are Christian or not, you will be moved by their voices and i garuntee it will be one of your fondest memories. Try St Barnabus Cathedral, Honiara, or All Saints, Honiara.

Fondest memory: Now I'm here in Australia, I miss so much the people of the Solomons. My heart aches when I think of their beautiful smiles. I miss the laughter, the special words, the understanding. I miss speaking pidgin. I miss Vimto, and betelnut. I miss the smell of things burning in the streets. I miss riding in the back of trucks, I miss the singing.

I just miss the Solomons. It is almost like being far away from your lover, thats how much it hurts.

Top Solomon Islands Hotels

Honiara Hotels
5 Reviews - 4 Photos

Instant Answers: Solomon Islands

Comments

Solomon Islands Favorites

Reviews and photos of Solomon Islands favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Solomon Islands sightseeing.
Map of Solomon Islands