Trekking in Santa Isabel Island
You will need three days with two nights to cross Santa Isabel Island on foot and appreciate the lovely mountainous nature, although if you are in a hurry you can make it in two days with one night (I met an old native who made it in a long full day from sunrise to sunset!). Local people will invite you to eat fruits and sleep in any village along your journey in a large hut for guests called Spirits House (often “visited” in the night by geckoes) after getting permission from the sorcerer.
You start in Buala and continue as follows:
Buala - Hiro - Hirokonga - Vara - Kolokofa - Siligodu - Kogue - Kaevanga
In Kaevanga you can cross by “canoe-stop” to amazing San Jorge Island.Related to:
- Hiking and Walking
- Budget Travel
Top Solomon Islands Hotels
- Honiara Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 4 Photos
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Explore the World
- Bloemfontein Hotels
- Spring Mill State Park Hotels
- Limone sul Garda
- Velden am Wörthersee
- Poynton Hotels
- Muncar Hotels
- Sri Lanka Off The Beaten Path
- Denver Off The Beaten Path
- Albuquerque Off The Beaten Path
- Barcelona Off The Beaten Path
- Bikaner Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Petersburg Off The Beaten Path
- Vienna Off The Beaten Path
- London Off The Beaten Path
- Savannah Off The Beaten Path
- Lago di Garda & surroundings of the town
- Saint Augustine Off The Beaten Path
- Strasbourg Off The Beaten Path