The kids...you'll fall in love with them...
The kids in Vanuatu are so cute! They are fairly shy though when they're younger. It would be a good idea to take something to give to the kids - we didn't think of it before leaving but we should have taken some lollipops, stickers, lollies or something for them.Related to:
- Family Travel
NO Tipping NO Bargaining PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No tipping or bargaining please, it goes against local tradition.
Please, just don't do it as it creates an obligation for the person to return to you. Which is virtually impossible if you're a leaving tourist . Therefore it would leave someone behind indepted to you which is not fair to do.
Vanuatu is in the Malaria zone...
Vanuatu is in the Malaria zone so take care to inform yourself of the risks before you leave.
Port Vila is a low risk area but make sure to take insect repellent.It only takes one bite from an infected mosquito to give you Malaria.
Vanuatu have severe storms now...
Vanuatu have severe storms now and then. Earthquakes of some danger also occur. There are also
tsunamis now and then. As late as 1999 a tsunami killed people. Travelling outside the months of
December to March, you should avoid all these 'dangers.'
When you see the word Tabu be careful...you could be doing something illegal or very disrespectful. Most places will have the warning in English and Bislama.Related to:
- Arts and Culture
Ladies Beware: When I tried...
Ladies Beware: When I tried this my periods stopped for 6 months!! could be wave shock more than culture shock :-), unless you are physically extroverted then hey go for it!!
Top Vanuatu Hotels
- Port-Vila Hotels
- 122 Reviews - 256 Photos
- Lelepa Island Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 18 Photos
- Tanna Hotels
- 53 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Pango Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- HostelBookers.com No Booking Fee. Book Online Now Great Prices & User Reviews
Explore the World
- Province of Zambales Hotels
- Kuala Lumpur
- Providence Canyon State Park Hotels
- Hong Kong
- Isla Palominos Hotels
- Humboldt Redwoods State Park Hotels
- Singapore Warnings and Dangers
- Ko Samui Warnings and Dangers
- Hurghada Warnings and Dangers
- Playa del Carmen Warnings and Dangers
- Philadelphia Warnings and Dangers
- Manali Warnings and Dangers
- Kathmandu Warnings and Dangers
- Penang Warnings and Dangers
- Ko Phangan Warnings and Dangers
- Baguio Warnings and Dangers
- Munnar Warnings and Dangers
- Oman Warnings and Dangers