Nightclubs and bars in Antigua and Barbuda

Local band playing at Shirley Heights
    by Sunandlotsafun
  • My wife and I with our favorite Butler Lincoln
    My wife and I with our favorite Butler...
    by cjg1
  • Nightlife
    by cjg1

Most Viewed Nightlife in Antigua and Barbuda

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Mediterranean Pool Bar: Reggae Tops, Chocolate Monkeys and BBC's...

by cjg1 Updated Dec 18, 2013

The Mediterranean Pool Bar was the busiest bar on the resort. Located in the main pool of the resort; this place cranks out the drinks from 10am until the early evening. The pool bar has a menu of assorted frozen drinks, martinis, wine, beer and local drinks to choose from. The bartenders are very friendly and creative in their drinks. Several of the specialty drinks were created by the staff and are out of this world.

Some of our favorite drinks here are the Chocolate Monkey, Reggae Top, BBC and the Rum Runners.

The Piano Bar: Relaxed Cocktails

by cjg1 Updated Oct 30, 2013

The Piano Bar was often our go to for pre-dinner drinks. During our visit in 2013; temperatures were high even in the evening so it was nice to come here and have a drink in the air conditioning. The bar menu had a variety of martinis, local specialties, wine, beer, champagne and mixed drinks. When in the islands we prefer to enjoy a nice Rum Punch or frozen tropical drink which they have a large selection to chose from. Often the bartenders would just whip something new up for us to try out.

It was always quiet here when we visited as the entertainment didn't get rolling until 9pm or later. Most times we had the place to ourselves or just another couple which was nice.

The Drunken Duck: Good Drinks and Pub Vibe

by cjg1 Updated Oct 28, 2013

The Drunken Duck is the English Pub at the resort. They have a lively bar scene and also have a restaurant area for dinner and pub grub. The pub is decorated in dark wood accents and has that traditional English Pub vibe. They also have a seperate room off to the side for billiards.

The food here is traditional pub fare; fish and chips and the like. My wife and I often made this a stop for pre-dinner or after dinner drinks. The main bartender Sheena was the best. She made an excellent cocktail and really worked hard with a smile despite being 9 months pregnant. My wife kept telling her to sit down and to get off her feet since she really looked as if she was ready to go into labor at any moment. I admire her work ethic and her happy, friendly nature. It was always a pleasure to stop in and see her. My wife made sure to get her information so she could wish her well when they baby was born.

Dress Code: Casual but no swimwear or wet clothing. We were usually the most dressed up people in the pub.

Manager's Cocktail Party: A Fun Time with Resort Staff

by cjg1 Updated Oct 28, 2013

The Manager's Cocktail Party is a favorite event for me at the Resort. I like to meet the managers and provide feedback regarding the resort. They are always very receptive to comments and go out of the way to say hello during your stay.

They usually hold the party in St. Mark's Square in the Med side of the resort. There are cocktails and appetizers passed around during the vent. They also have prize give aways during the event; spa treatments, jewelry, excursions and gift certificates to the Resort Shop. It's always a fun time and we love attending.

Butler's Cocktail Party: Cocktails with our Butlers

by cjg1 Updated Oct 28, 2013

One of the perks of staying in a Butler Suite at Sandals is the Butler's cocktail party. The Butlers put together a thank you party for the guests by the Refelection Pool with cocktails and appetizers. My wife and I love this party with the champagne flowing and the fun music playing. It's a great way to socialize with other guests and have fun with your Butler's. They also have special prize giveaways that range from bottles of liquor to Jewelry.

Cricketeer's Pub: Good English Style Pub

by cjg1 Updated Nov 5, 2012

The Cricketeer's Pub became our go to place for pre-dinner drinks when we were staying at Sandals. The Pub is a casual place done up to look like an authentic English Pub. They serve food here as well as drinks with some typical Pub fare such as Fish & Chips and Cottage Pie.

The Pub here is rather popular due to it being one of the only two airconditioned indoor bars on the property. We usually found ourselves here at their opening at 5pm for some pre-dinner drinks and later in the eveing for a late night snack or drink before heading back to our suite. We had some fun times here especially during Tropical Storm Raphael which kept the lights blinking on and off...I thought it was funny.

Drinks here are rather good and they can whip up just about anything you ask for. Food is pretty good; in particular their steak, cottage pie, nachos, chicken wings and Apple Crumble.

Dress Code: Casual but no wet bathingsuits

Crystal Lounge: Evening Drinks in the Caribbean Village

by cjg1 Updated Nov 5, 2012

The Crystal Lounge was located right in the heart of the Caribbean Village at the Grande Antigua Resort. The majority of the restaurants are in this vicinity; so we often found ourselves here for some pre-and post dinner drinks.

The Lounge is open air with ceiling fans above. There are several large comfy couches and chairs to lounge on and relax. We had our "favorite" couch to sit back and relax while enjoying our drinks.

Sun Downer Bar: Frosty Tropcal Drinks Beachside

by cjg1 Updated Nov 5, 2012

The Sun Downer Bar is located in the Caribbean section of the Sandals Grande Resort. The bar is right off the beach with high bar tables and chairs along the beach line as well as some tables further past the bar. We frequented this bar during the day for our frosty tropical drinks and in the evening for some night time cocktails and champagne before dinner.

Posted above the bar is their tropical drink menu with the specials of the resort. They also served the local beers, wine, champagne, mixed drinks and shots. They had a self serve soda fountain along side the bar as well as a dispenser of the local lemonade and rum punch. Even if the drink is not on the menu board they know how to make it happily for you.

We tried several of the speciality drinks here; the Dirty Banana, No Worries, Antigua Sunrise and the BBC. I have to say my favorites are still their Miami Vice, Rum Runners, Rum Punch and Champagne.

• mazzap's Profile Photo

Hemingways Caribbean Cafe: Cocktails, Cocktails, Cocktails (& more besides!)

by mazzap Updated May 24, 2009

I have put this as a 'nightlife tip' because although we went very early evening, I imagine the place would be buzzing the later the day gets!

Hemingway's is housed in a very distinctive green & white wooden building. Climb the flight of wooden stairs & take a seat on the veranda overlooking Heritage Quay, a very realxing place to while away some time.

What a great find - with an hour to spare before boarding our cruise ship, we stopped for a cocktail at this cafe. Loads to choose from, but we tried the Hemingway's Special & the Rum Punch (well you have to really!) We didn't have any food here - the ship's buffet was calling us - lol!! Maybe we should have, it looked & smelled fabulous!

Don't expect to be up to much after a Hemingway's cocktail with no food! Pretty potent stuff for sure!! Great value & friendly service too. Luckily not too far too stagger back to the ship......

Dress Code: Very casual!

• Luxury Travel
    • Cruise

• AntWadadli's Profile Photo

Liquid/Rush/Bikini's: New Clubs in Antigua

by AntWadadli Written Nov 23, 2004

Liquid is a new nightclub in Antigua located upstairs the Grand Princess Casino which is supposed to be very popular. Also, Rush has moved from Jolly Harbour to Dickenson Bay. Lashings closed and is now under new management called, "Bikini's" at Runaway Bay

Dress Code: Elegant Casual

• Singles
    • Casino and Gambling

• Sunandlotsafun's Profile Photo

Shirley Heights: A True Taste of the Caribbean!

by Sunandlotsafun Updated Oct 24, 2002

We picked up a local lady who was hitchhiking and gave her a ride to her home. She was so warm and friendly and told us about Shirley Heights - where a local band plays and there is a food and a GREAT party (I think it was on Thursday nights..)
    Luckily, it WAS Thursday and later we picked up her and her daughter and brought them to Shirley Heights and had the time of our life!! There was a steel drum band and everyone was dancing....the food was wonderful and it was a GREAT atmosphere for all ages!

Dress Code: Very casual

• Kings Casino: Kings Casino

by GypsyCanuck Written Aug 26, 2002

Kings Casino is one of many but probably the largest and the best. They have live music and the drink prices are relatively modest (I guess it's to attract cutomers).

Dress Code: Smart casual would be best (no shorts, sandals, t-shirts)

• Jolly Roger Party Cruise: Jolly Roger Party Cruise

by Island_Babe Written Aug 25, 2002

This was a great way to spend a Saturday night seeing as there isn't much activity by way of discos in Antigua. There was music, dancing, dinner (great macaroni cheese pie) and 140 proof rum punch!!

Dress Code: Pretty hip, every one looked good and were wearing the lastest fashions.Check out my pic, that's me on my way to the Jolly Roger.

• vrage's Profile Photo

OK... no one will let you...

by vrage Written Aug 25, 2002

OK... no one will let you leave Antigua without seeing SHIRLEY HEIGHTS! Whether you enjoy it or not.... Beautiful sunset...cocktails... and fun!!!
    ....My Entry picture Is a shot of nice reggae band with tourists and locals alike having fun!!!! -you can visit 15-30 other V-T sites for the nice sunset picture(which is... unbelievable!!)... this I liked too, but don't miss out.

Dress Code: Didn't see any complaints, but be a 'bit' respectable, I would skip ratty clothes, just be semi-neat.

• Lashings. Beach bar a few...

by jplindstrom Written Aug 24, 2002

Lashings. Beach bar a few miles from St John's.
    Laid back atmosphere with a nice mix of tourists and locals. Mean sunset. The bar is open 24/7, the kitchen closes around midnight (go for the Small Chicken Nachos).

Antigua and Barbuda Hotels

1 Hotel
Barbuda Hotels
1 Hotel

Instant Answers: Antigua and Barbuda

Comments

Antigua and Barbuda Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Antigua and Barbuda nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Antigua and Barbuda sightseeing.
Map of Antigua and Barbuda