Places to eat in Parish of Saint John

the counter
  • my
    my "snacks" from the case
    by bekssa
    the display case (snacks!)

Most Viewed Restaurants in Parish of Saint John

• bekssa's Profile Photo

The Roti King: Roti Heaven

by bekssa Written Mar 31, 2014

I kept asking where to find Roti and all instructions led to this place -- appropriately called Roti King! This was January but there were still Christmas decorations and the place was totally charming!! I did order Roti but wish now that I'd gotten a meal like my husband did. The menu had several different rotis, some burgers, hot dogs and a wonderful sounding chicken and black eyed pea meal and a couple of different curry meals. I got chicken roti, and the ting (grapefruit soda) and chose a couple of different snacky things from their display case. All were good but if I could do it over, I'd have gotten a meal, tried a drink like Sorrel or Sea Moss or Tamarind, and found some kind of sauces to dip my snacks in. We will definitely go back again.

• bekssa's Profile Photo

Woods Mall Food Court: Local Food

by bekssa Updated Jan 31, 2010

When we go on cruises, I always research the local foods at each of our stops. Then we make an effort to try them. Usually, we check with some of the locals and they almost never are wrong!

This time, we went into a restaurant to check their menu. They didn't have any of the foods we were looking for but the waitress was very helpful. She looked at our list and told us that the best place to go was the food court at Woods Mall. She even gave us the name of the woman who runs it! Then, this same waitress walked outside with us, helped us get a cab and even explained to the driver where we needed to go!!

The food court looked like nothing much--just not very impressive looking. There were several food counters--Chinese, Italian and Antiguan. Oh my, was she right, though!!! This is a great place to sample the foods for a reasonable price.

Favorite Dish: Obviously, this is a spot that the locals go. I saw people picking up carryout orders as well as eating there. It was very cheap and delicious. So many choices and the servings were huge! We ended up with pepperpot, roti and beans & rice. I really wanted to try some ducana but unfortunately, it takes a while to make and they didn't have it available yet.

Parish of Saint John Hotels

Top Parish of Saint John Hotels

Saint John's Hotels
18 Reviews - 66 Photos

Instant Answers: Parish of Saint John

Comments

Parish of Saint John Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Parish of Saint John restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Parish of Saint John sightseeing.
Map of Parish of Saint John