Stores, Malls or Markets in Antigua and Barbuda

Most Viewed Shopping in Antigua and Barbuda

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo

Abbott's Jewelry: Duty Free Shopping

by LadyRVG Written May 20, 2013

Abbott's Jewelry is a good duty free shop right in the Heritage Quay shopping are; just a short five minute walk from the pier.

The shop has a variety of duty free items; jewelry, perfume, liquor, crystal and some fine china and porcelain items. During our visit I found a charming piece of LLadro that I fell in love with at first sight. I love LLadro and have several pieces at home that I adore. This piece in particular spoke to me. The figurine was of a Polynesian girl in a skirt, lei and holding several tropical flowers in her hands as she smelled their fragrance. It was very delicate and femine piece. The figurine was called Aroma of the Islands. I inquire to the price and was very surprise at the low figure but was told there was a sale on LLadro of 10% off. Still the price was very low and hard to pass up for such a lovely piece.

I informed a staff memeber I would like to purchase this piece and they hurried to the back to get the box. I inspected the box and the figurine to make sure both were intact and had all th official LLadro paperwork attached. All was in order so the purchase was made. We left satisfied with our purchase and I couldn't wait to take it home to my china cabinet.

**Upon returning home we looked up the figurine on the LLadro website. The figurine was listed as $660 and we paid $450. What a good bargain.**

Sun Seakers: Swim and Beachwear

by cjg1 Updated Oct 24, 2013

Sun Seakers is a large swim and resort wear store right in the heart of downtown St. John. My wife wanted to check out the store and its merchandise. The store is two levels with the regularly priced items on the main level and the sale/clearance items upstairs. They have a large selection of bathing suits, coverups, sundresses and flip flops. Some of my wife's favorite brands are displayed here and for reasonable prices to boot.

Nothing here caught my wife's eye though; she had very similar or exact swimsuits already but was glad to venture in for a look.

Vendor's Mall: A Jumble of Goods

by cjg1 Updated Oct 30, 2013

Vendor's Mall is a large wharehouse type building packed with stalls selling everything and anything you could want to buy. The stalls are packed tightly together so it's very hard at some spots to navigate through the maze of merchandise.

We often find that the best way to tackle shopping here is to come with an idea of what you want and tell the vendor specifics. If they don't have it at their stall; they often walk you to the vendor that carries what you are looking for. I also like that many of the vendors here will take you upstairs or across the street to one of the many print shops to get a custom tee shirts made for you. My wife and I always have taken advantage of this service during our three visits to St. John. The tee shirts are nice quality and there is a large selection of sizes, colors and designs to choose from.

Prices have gone up for these custom shirts over the years. Our last purchase was for 1 kids shirt, one men's shirt and two ladies with a price tag of $70. It is much cheaper than a resort or airport store but definitely pricier than the previous year.

Diamonds International: Stop in and see Eddy

by cjg1 Updated Oct 24, 2013

Diamonds International is a jewelry chain with locations throughout North America but focused primarily in the Caribbean. The store carries a variety of watches and jewelry for both men and women. This is the only Diamonds International store I like. Eddy here is a good friend of a friend and is very reptuable. He is fair with prices and shows the best merchandise for your price point. Definitely come see him when you are shopping in Antigua.

Red Lane Spa: Wonderful Spa Products

by cjg1 Updated Oct 28, 2013

My wife and I love the spa products from Red Lane; in particular their suncare line. Our last visit we purchased some after sun lotion, body lotion and a papaya facial mist for my wife. The prices are comprable to any other store brand and have an incredible scent. Just this past year they have made the product line available for online purchase so we can have them sent to our house whenenever we run out of it.

• 2byrd's Profile Photo

Rum in Antigua!

by 2byrd Written Dec 28, 2002

Most of the shops are filled with all the same stuff.

What to buy: Liquor and cigarettes. Two of my daughters bad vices. Cig's were $13 a carton and liquor was cheap too!

• Sunandlotsafun's Profile Photo

Lady carrying box of jewelry on her head: The shopping comes to you!

by Sunandlotsafun Written Oct 24, 2002

I had to look twice when I saw this lady coming down the beach...she was balancing a jewelry case on her head! How unique!!

What to buy: I bought two gorgeous ankle bracelets from her..

What to pay: Sorry, can't remember

Antigua and Barbuda Hotels

1 Hotel
Barbuda Hotels
1 Hotel

Instant Answers: Antigua and Barbuda

Comments

Antigua and Barbuda Shopping

Reviews and photos of Antigua and Barbuda shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Antigua and Barbuda sightseeing.
Map of Antigua and Barbuda