Safety Tips in Antigua and Barbuda

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in Antigua and Barbuda

• aussiecouple's Profile Photo

Take care when photographing

by aussiecouple Written Jun 25, 2007

I was filming a delightfully mis-spelt sign at a petrol station while my husband was filling the car. A group of youths approached from the road and demanded money for photographing them - which I most certainly was not. Seemingly under the influence of substances they were very threatening and we had to pay and leave in a hurry. The only downside of otherwise friendly and hospitable people.

• cymbaline77's Profile Photo

This Hurts Like Hell!

by cymbaline77 Written Jul 13, 2007

And is ridiculously expensive in my opinion ($2/braid...look at them, they're tiny -- I thought they would be long braids). I told her I didn't want more than 20, and she proceeded to do 33 without telling me until they were done. Also, she seemed to get increasingly frustrated as she braided my hair, growling about how thick my hair was (though I'd warned her) and talking in broken English to her friend, right in front of me, about me, as if I couldn't understand!

All I can say is -- and I am no wimp by any means -- I had to take these things out after 3 days due to constant headaches, inability to sleep, nausea, and just general pain. I'd gotten my entire head braided a few years ago in Jamaica (for $25 U.S.) and it didn't feel like this. This is disgusting, but almost two weeks later I have scabs on my head!

So it may have looked kind of cool, but not worth the money or listening to the complaining angry beach lady, and especially not worth the pain!

Ouch!
    • Beaches

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Mosquitos and Other Biting Insects

by cjg1 Written Oct 22, 2012

Mosquitos, sand fleas and other biting insects can be a problem here. we saw many a person with horrible welt like bites on their bodies. My wife came prepared with some bug spray she bought from Avon which worked like a charm. We were bug bite free the entire trip.

Antigua and Barbuda Hotels

• Rex Halycon Cove

We hav stopped at the Rex Halcyon Cove for the our last 2 trips to Antigua. On our first trip the...

• Galley Bay Hotel

Barbuda Hotels
1 Hotel

Instant Answers: Antigua and Barbuda

Antigua and Barbuda Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Antigua and Barbuda warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Antigua and Barbuda sightseeing.
Map of Antigua and Barbuda