Aruba Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Aruba

• MJDorfman's Profile Photo

Little Europe Aruba: Buyer Beware

by MJDorfman Written Aug 16, 2012

My wife and I have been visiting Aruba for over 30 years, every single year. Every year we want to stay longer so for the last 10 years we spend our winters in Aruba, usually 5-6 weeks. We LOVE the people, the restaurants, the waters and beaches. We are sold on Aruba.
    But unfortunately when a gem like Aruba starts to get over built and over commercialized you have the less trustworthy merchants moving onto the Island.
    We have never ever had a problem with anything we purchased until this past vacation when we made a large purchase from Little Europe. As anniversary present I bought my wife earring and a new engagement ring. Of course the salesman stated it will be appraised for more than you paid etc etc. Any problem we have a service center in New York etc etc.
    Well by the time we arrived home the stones were falling out of the ring, we brought it to our local jeweler who appraised it at a much less than we paid, and he said the quality of the setting and the workmanship was very inferior and the ring will continually loose the stones. I tried numerous times to speak to the owner of the store, Little Europe, but of course - not available. Service center in New York-nonexistent. When I finally spoke to a salesman he said don't worry when you come back next year we will "exchange" it for you.
    The way Little Europe and Times Square do business they probably won't be in business next year
    Buyer Beware and STAY AWAY from Little Europe and Times Square frequent a store that has been on the island longer and doesn't call you "brother" when he first meets you.

What to buy: Aruba is Great for watches providing you know the brand,model and price you would pay at home.

What to pay: Anywhere from $100-$25000.

Instant Answers: Aruba

Comments

Aruba Shopping

Reviews and photos of Aruba shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aruba sightseeing.