Nightclubs and bars in Aruba

Most Viewed Nightlife in Aruba

Le Dome Sunset Cruise: Sailing Into the Sunset

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jan 15, 2007

Le Dome is one of the best restaurants in Aruba, so when you sign up for the Le Dome sunset dinner cruise you know you are going to be getting something really special.

We boarded the catamaran at the de Palm Pier beside the Radisson Hotel. Several of the guests were enjoying cocktails at the bar on the pier while we waited to board and at that stage the sun was beginning to set and was already turning the sea to gold.

The tables were set out on the deck, open to the stars, and were fully laid with white linen and silver service cutlery. As we took our seats the champagne corks popped and every guest was treated to a glass of champagne, which was refilled before it had a chance to empty (over and over and over again).

As we sailed down towards the California Lighthouse, the staff took orders for cocktails and other drinks - it is fair to say that the drinks literally flowed, and were all of high quality.

We anchored within view of the lighthouse and then canapes were served. These were followed by a three course meal. I started with smoked salmon and a large plate of very tasty salmon was served to me with a garnish of very fresh salad and capers. I followed this with the lamb, served pink, with baked potato and vegetables. It was very good indeed. Finally, every guest was served a baked cheesecake. The first and second courses were a la carte, with a choice of three of each.

As we returned to shore, coffee and chocolate truffles were served with your choice of liqueur (and that, too, was refilled with a very large measure before we docked).

At around $100 per person this is not a cheap night out, but it is a top quality night and worth every single cent.

You can book this tour directly through Le Dome restaurant or through your hotel. It departs on Thursdays only at 6pm.

Dress Code: Wear comfortable shoes - remember that you are on board a ship. I saw ladies tottering precariously on high heels as the boat rolled on the sea - not a pleasant experience. Also, bring a jacket - it can get very cool in the night winds at sea. Other than that, smart casual is a good dress code for this type of night out.

The Sunset Cruise and me:-)
    • Luxury Travel
    • Sailing and Boating

Let's Go Latin: Glitzy Night on the Town

by SabrinaSummerville Written Jan 15, 2007

This tip also appears on my Aruba page under "Things to Do", as I couldn't move it from that page to this. Anyway, it suits both headings!!

Let's Go Latin is the name of a spectacular show of Latin singing, dancing, and acrobatics. It runs from Monday to Saturday at the renaissance Hotel theatre and is a visual feast of colour.

We went on a Monday and the theatre wasn't full. Seating is free-style so we had our choice of seats. We sat about five rows from the front. Where you site is important because it is said that if you sit in the front three rows you cannot see the dancer's feet as they perform. Also, I found that sitting in the fifth row (close to the front) I was chosen to sing and also to dance. Normally shy, this time I agreed to go ahead with it and it turned out to be a lot of fun. In fact, three days later when dining at Madame Janette's, some people came up to me and said "Oh you're the dancer from the Latin Show!"

The show has a cast of around 40. There's a leading male and a leading female and they are comperes and singers - both with great singing voices and very easy on the eye. We met the female singer before the show when we were trying to find our way atround the hotel and she could not have been more helpful - she's a lovely person as well as a great singer.

The costume changes for both the singers and the dancers were many and varied and quite amazing.

The acrobats (two males and a female) performed about three seperate acts and are amazingly talented.

I would recommend taking the dinner and show package. At a cost of $89 per person some might find it expensive, but I thought it was great value for money. Dinner is at L G Smiths restaurant and I will seperately review that. For $10 less you can eat at the adjoining seafood buffet.

To see the show alone it costs $44 per person.

After the show the cast line up in the foyer for photographs and to greet the audience. It's a lovely touch.

I thought this was an incredible night out.

Dress Code: Dress as you wish, though I always feel it's lovely to dress up for a night at a show.....apart from that, everyone on stage is dressed to impress.

Show people...and Mum
    • Music
    • Theater Travel

Casinos: Gamble the Night Away

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jan 31, 2007

Aruba is known for its casinos and there are many of them all over this tiny island.

I'm not a casino person, but at dinner in L G Smiths restaurant (Renaissance Hotel) we were given vouchers for free "spins" on the gaming machines and we just couldn't resist using them.

It passed a very pleasant couple of hours.

As with casinos in Las vegas, they keep you topped up with drink while you gamble.

The Crystal Casino at the Renaissance is, I believe, the only 24 hour casino on the island, though the others stay open very late.

The picture here is of the Alhambra Casino which is in the low rise area and also has its own small shopping centre. Don't be expecting to buy great glamour there - it's mainly an outlet for the usual souvenirs.

Alhambra Casino
    • Casino and Gambling

• mnhouston01826's Profile Photo

Black Hog Saloon: BBQ TIME

by mnhouston01826 Written Jan 27, 2008

Head on over to the Black Hog for either the Tuesday or Thursday night BBQ with all you can eat and drink. Fun games and they get you up off your seat to dance. Trust me when I say they will get you off your seat.

Dress Code: Whatever you wish!

• nyctraveler77's Profile Photo

Kukoo Kunuku Party Bus: Kukoo Kunuku Party Bus was definitely worth it.

by nyctraveler77 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Kukoo Kunuku Party Bus was a drunk bus that took everyone around. Sounds cheesy and it is. Being in my late 20's I was a little worried when the mix of age was from young honeymooners to old vacationers. At the end of the night it didn't seem to matter. People had there pants down, dancing on the bars, old lady flashing, music everywhere, everyone drunk as hell.

The took us to 5 different bars/spots, it included a decent dinner and a nice resteraunt (beautiful resteraunt, food was decent but not wonderful)

Tip: Buy the water bottle thingy they offer for $5 and keep filling that up with "Sex on the Bus" drinks. It will save ou a lot of money and get you drunk.

We paid $60 each and it includes a free drink at every bar, dinner and good ride home.

Here's the info I found in a guide book.
    586-2010

• Wine Tasting

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

Palm Beach bars...: Go bar hopping island style during Happy Hour

by flynboxes Updated Aug 29, 2010

Happy Hour in Palm Beach starts around noon and end between 5 and 6 pm or a bit later at someplaces if you look around. Most of the hotels have bars out on or next to the beach with drink specials. Every now and then it is fun to pretend like you just turned 21 again and have a bit of fun...

Dress Code: Sorry you need to at least have a trunks or swim suit on....nother more -nothing less.

• kenyatta's Profile Photo

Sopranos: Nice bar

by kenyatta Written Aug 31, 2005

Sopranos is a nice piano bar where the drinks are great and the people are friendly. It's located closer to the high rise area. If you're looking for a place you can have a great beer or cocktail and enjoy conversation, there are outdoor covered, relaxing booths, or you can sit indoors at the bar. The crowd was late 20's-40's. We visited on 2 occassions during our 7 days there.

Dress Code: No dress code. Most folks were in jean or slacks. No beachwear. It's defintiely a nite spot. I'm not sure if they serve food. the Heinikin on tap is great- definitely not the stuff we drink here in the States.

• E-Zone: E-Zone

by jess732 Written Aug 24, 2002

My fellow females, I recommend checking out ladies night at this club. The night starts off with buff guys squirting drinks in your mouth, and competitions among each other coached by these buff babes. One event was a sack race where you have to try to jump to the other side of the room, chug your drink, and be the first one back. After you've worked so hard, you are rewarded by hotties with a pulse-racing strip show. And when it's all over, be prepared to dance the night away to some great club music.

Dress Code: dress to impress

• RoyJava's Profile Photo

The Seaport Casino: Brother-dance All Night Long

by RoyJava Updated Sep 11, 2007

When the sun goes down, the action heats up because the Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino is the only Resort in the Caribbean where Night is the Hottest Time of Day. It was then ... it is now!

There are many comfortable, charming and exciting nightspots in Aruba with dancing, entertainment, and lively action-filled casinos. Most of the hotels have their own special night of entertainment. Tropical nights, beach barbecues and cocktail parties are always available.

Dress Code: The Seaport Casino has been newly renovated I heard, and is the only waterfront action-packed casino in Aruba for now. To me the Casino got very special because my brother danced for his very last time. The contract longed for a few more months until he was finishing his dancing career. And I was there, so we got more closer as otherwise.

The male members of his group even willingly posed for one shoot (see pic, the pink one is my brother). Modelling Sabine leaded the dance and, all of us danced all night long ...

dancing-with-casino-boys
    • Casino and Gambling
    • Luxury Travel

• ibanez's Profile Photo

Carlos and Charlies: Carlos and Charlies

by ibanez Written Aug 24, 2002

It is a great party! After dinner hours are over, the place turns into a wild dance club! It is a very laid back atmosphere where a lot of young people go to get crazy. They make the best Melon Ball Sours!!!

Dress Code: Dress code is casual to upscale. If you cover your privates with something that isn't totally tattered, you'll fit in!

• dennings72002's Profile Photo

Tattoo Party Boat: "I got Tattooed in Aruba"

by dennings72002 Written Aug 31, 2002

We had a delicious and huge dinner, and afterwards, went dancing as the boat cruised along the ocean. It set sail from DePalm Pier and returned before midnight. They had a 2 live bands and then a DJ followed. Everyone was dancing, and even the staff took time out to dance with us. My husband and another honeymooner friend took off their shirts and went down the boats' slide and jumped off the rope into the ocean. Despite them being soaking wet, we had a great time. (Except that not very many taxi's wanted to take us home because the boys were wet- we split a taxi).

Dress Code: Casual dress, though many women had dresses on and men had dress slack and dress shirts.

• MrRandMcnally's Profile Photo

In the Wyndam's dinner theater: Tropicana Style Show at the Wyndam

by MrRandMcnally Updated Jan 24, 2008

Based on the Famous Tropicana show in Havana the Wyndam show is intertaining but I think there are better things to do on the Island. The singers are of fairly high quality and they claim the dancers are cubans, though I know some were Colombians. but it is old fashion pagentry. I haven't been over to the real tropicana in Havana yet but I'll put a comparison on after I go.

Update: there is no comparison, the style is similar but the scale is not in the samr realm, small dance numbers on a small stage, no acrobatics. I stand by what I said above but really no comparison the Havana Tropicana blows it away.

Dancing Girls

• datdanigirl's Profile Photo

Arubeans love the nightlife.. ...

by datdanigirl Written Sep 8, 2002

Arubeans love the nightlife.. it starts late and goes all night.. Ask the guys at the beach that rent the jetski's.. they'll tell you where to go. It changes all the time, the club we went to was called Faces but there were several other little places we went to that were Hot And Happening.. right in the town, you can walk from one to another.

• MRIOUX's Profile Photo

Take a sunset cruise. There...

by MRIOUX Written Aug 26, 2002

Take a sunset cruise. There are many to choose from, I signed up for the De Palm Island cruise.
    Plenty of food, dancing and cocktails. As a matter of fact, the drinks start flowing the minute you step on the boat. The cruise to the island was short but by the time I got there I was already feeling good. Once the sunsets, a barn fire is lit and the fun begins. I won the limbo contest...really, I'm not that flexible...the alcohol took over : ) In any event, it was a lot of fun.

Dress Code: As you can see in my photo, I was dressed casual.

• mocca's Profile Photo

As most big hotels organize...

by mocca Written Aug 26, 2002

As most big hotels organize events at nights and the locals have to work, during the week the clubs in town are pretty empty, but in the weekend thet go off.
    So get your dancing shoes and dance the merengue

Aruba Hotels

4 Reviews - 13 Photos
Noord Hotels
29 Reviews - 107 Photos

Instant Answers: Aruba

Comments

Aruba Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Aruba nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aruba sightseeing.
Map of Aruba