Places to eat in Aruba

Most Viewed Restaurants in Aruba

• DAO's Profile Photo

TACO BELL: FAST FOOD HEAVEN

by DAO Updated Feb 4, 2014

At the point I came across the first Taco Bell here in Aruba, I had almost given up hope. I had not had a Taco Bell in 3 years. Then – there it was – the most beautiful Taco Bell in the world! Forget cheeseburgers in Paradise – when you can get a Bell! I got a stuffed beef burrito that was made by the hands of angels. It was stuffed with small bits of real steak and all the other goodies. I was even given, automatically, fiery sauce. All this was handed to me in the drive through window. Quick, fresh and hot! It just does not get any better than this. Even my large diet coke had the magical right amount of ice.

UPDATE!

I returned to this EXACT location 2 years later. Still awesome! Thank you Taco Bell People.

Favorite Dish:

IT’S ALL GOOD !!!

• Cruise

Flying Fishbone: Don't Miss Dinner

by ATXtraveler Written Jun 10, 2013

Flying Fishbone is located in Savaneta, a small suburb south of Oranjestad. The location is off the beaten path, so if you do not have a vehicle, take a taxi. From the high rise hotels, it is a 30 minute $30 cab ride one way. We had rented a jeep for the day, so we decided to take a drive over there the evening after jeeping all day.

Food: Bar none, this was the best meal I had on the island. I started with the Lobster Bisque, which was delicious made with fresh cream and nice size chunks of Lobster. My second was the Shrimp Shii-take and Blue Cheese Casserole, which was the best choice yet on the island. I actually added a couple scallops as recommended by the waiter, and it was completely filling. We finished with the Chocolate Ravioli which was delicious and my wife and I ended up having to split the third ravioli.

Ambience - This was a very nice restaurant, but still had water coming up to your feet, so shoes were a suggestion, not a requirement. The waiters did a great job of taking pictures and we even witnessed a proposal. If you are planning to come for an anniversary, let them know in advance!

Favorite Dish: The Bisque was great.

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

Gelatissimo: Belissimo Gelatissimo

by ATXtraveler Written Jun 9, 2013

Probably our favorite dessert spot so far in Aruba has been Gelatissimo which is located in the high rise hotel section of Palm Beach. A gelato spot, the ambience was nice, and the gelato was better.

Food: Ferrero Rocher and Chocolate Coconut were my favorites so far, but I would stay away from the white chocolate and cookie... it tasted like neither.

Plenty of selection, pretty good prices.

Casa Tua: Quick Italian Stop

by ATXtraveler Written Jun 9, 2013

Casa Tua is within walking distance of most of the high rise hotels in the Palm Beach Area of Aruba. It is located near multiple other dining locations, and was very busy the first night when we went to Fishes and More, located right next door. We decided to give it a shot this evening.

Food: Sarah had the Gnocchi alla Vodka which was a pink sauce and delicious. I went with the Meat Lovers Pizza, and maybe should have selected one of the cheese pizzas or something with a fewer topping count. It was good, but i remembered I am not a big fan of the sausages that come in caribbean locales.

The service was prompt, and the food overall was good!

Favorite Dish: Sarah's Vodka Gnocchi was the winner.

Terraces Grill: Beachside Dining at Westin

by ATXtraveler Written Jun 9, 2013

Terraces is located in the Westin Hotel and serves the beach goers along Palm Beach. The restaurant is not exclusive to people staying at the hotel.

Food: I had the Caribbean Chicken Wrap, which was spiced well and had red peppers, chicken and came with French Fries and a ranch dipping sauce. I thought the sauce was flavorful, and the French fries were done well. I just had water, but the drink selection looked large.

The portions were great for lunch and the location could not have been better with the beach only yards away.

Be careful, because this a hotel, the 17% service charge did apply, making this a little more expensive than other restaurants.

Favorite Dish: The french fries had a hint of plantain, likely from the same grease.

Iguana Joe's: Downtown Drink Spot

by ATXtraveler Written Jun 9, 2013

Iguana Joe's is located in downtown Oranjestad, directly across from the Cruise Ship Port. Although the location is likely overrun by cruise port tourists, the prices seemed reasonable and the food was pretty good.

Food: Sarah and I split a Pastechie (West Indian Patties) appetizer which consisted of a caribbean jerk chicken, beef, and Dutch Gouda cheese pastry similar to an empanada. It was definitely worth the calories. Then Sarah had the Saint Martin Onion Soup, which contained French Bread and Dutch Gouda cheese (Saint Martin is half French and Half Dutch). The cheese was definitely lovely. I had the Caribbean ribs appetizer and it was filling!

Drink: I tried the original Pink Iguana which was a strawberry pina colada, while Sarah tried the Happy Tourist. Both were excellent and worth the money for the size.

Favorite Dish: Pastechies for sure.

Linda's Dutch Pancakes and Pizza: Can't Miss Pancakes

by ATXtraveler Written Jun 9, 2013

Linda's Dutch Pancakes and Pizza is a small off the beaten path shop located "near" the high rise hotels in Aruba. I say near, as it is a solid walk, and would be a heated affair if you went in the daytime. It was a solid 20 minute walk from the Westin and you will pass several other restaurants on the way.

Food: Sarah and I both enjoyed a Dutch Pancake. Warning -- they are huge, you can likely split one. I went with the traditional pancake and added a scoop of ice cream and shredded coconut. To say it was delicious would be an understatement. This was definitely worth the walk.

Ambience - Little to none. This is in a suburb of the Palm Beach area, lots of locals houses, and plenty of blaring music around. It didn't help that there was a biker rally coming through town right when we sat down. All that said, it did not disrupt from the deliciousness of the food.

Favorite Dish: Pancakes.

Fishes and More: Local Fish Restaurant

by ATXtraveler Written Jun 9, 2013

Fishes and More is located in the Palm Beach area of Aruba, within walking distance from most of the "high rise" hotels. We stayed at the Westin and this was about a 10 minute leisure walk.

Food: I had the local fish dish, and Sarah had the Pina Colada Shrimp. I would highly recommend her dish, as it was flavorful and not too sauced. My local fish dish, which is shown in the picture was good, but I thought the sauce was a little too heavy, especially when it was listed as just garlic and lemon added to fresh fish. Be careful, bread is extra and they bring it to the table but do not mention this.

Ambience: This is a street scene in a touristy part of the town... not a private dinner option for sure, but it was a nice outdoor setting.

Favorite Dish: I would definitely recommend the Pina Colada Shrimp.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Various: Aruba Dine Around program

by Dabs Updated Apr 4, 2011

This program didn't work for us because the restaurants I wanted to try weren't on it but it might work out for visitors wanting to save a few dollars and eat at some very nice restaurants.

The dine around program allows you an appetizer, entree, dessert, coffee or tea, and service charge. I noticed at one of the restaurants we ate at that the menu had starred items meaning you'd have to pay a premium if you ordered that item, lobster for example was an additional $8. Several of the restaurants are listed as VIP restaurants which means they just take an amount off the bill, currently it's $36 off.

• Laumas's Profile Photo

Dushi Bagel: A must for breakfast!

by Laumas Updated Apr 4, 2011

This place is a small Bagel Shop that has fresh boiled bagels daily. The bagels are simply fantastic and can be gotten with great LOX ,chicken salad or other side dishes. The owners are very friendly and the atmosphere relaxing and picturesque. it is the perfect way to begin your day in this paradise. Me and my wife go to Aruba every other year and stay at an all-inclusive, but skip the included breakfast and come here every day!

Favorite Dish: Bagel with chicken salad. Perfection. All fresh ingredients, and is a change from the usual grease jolt you get at other breakfast places

• Beaches

• windoweb's Profile Photo

Chops Grille - Jewel of the Seas: You will have to take a Jewel of the Seas Cruise

by windoweb Updated Jan 26, 2011

We have an exquisite Wine Pairing experience scheduled: to begin, a Smoked Duck Salad paired with Mer Soleil Chardonnay. Followed by a Trio of Soups with specially selected wine. Pan-fried Scallops and Crab Cake with Belle Glos Pinot Nor. An entrée of Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon. Passion Fruit Creme Brulee with a Dessert Wine.

Favorite Dish: My Sweetheart ordered this romantic wine and dinner package for our Valentine's Day Cruise.

• Cruise
    • Beaches

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Iguana Joe's: Great Place for Lunch And/Or Drinks

by Donna_in_India Updated Dec 8, 2010

An open air restaurant with nice views of Oranjestad's main street, the market, and the beautiful blue sea, Iguana Joe's Caribbean Bar and Grill was the perfect place to stop for lunch.

The extensive menu has Caribbean specialties including fresh seafood. I had the West Indian Patties (one each of beef, chicken, and cheese), which were delicious.

They have specialty as well drinks including the Pink Iguana and Banana Bye-Bye.

Definitely recommend stopping in for a meal and/or drinks!

Open Daily

Mon to Sat: 11am to Midnight
    Sun: 5pm to Midnight

Hooters: *** and burgers

by flynboxes Written Sep 2, 2010

Been to the states...there are a few of them. I have been to one in the Mall of America a few times. Not my favorite place as the food is not all the great but if you are a sex starved male or just looking to impress your mates then this place will do..sorry the tops and bottoms don't come off and touch the waitresses and you will probably find yourself in a island jail

Favorite Dish: Burgers, fries and wings

• Adventure Travel

Wendy's, Taco Bell, etc.....: American fast food

by flynboxes Written Sep 2, 2010

Need to load up on some McCrap...Aruba has it..all the major chains are represented here. Keep in mind if you are on a budget as I was you can avoid these places as there are local markets where you can get fresh fruit, water, etc at reasonable prices

Favorite Dish: If you have the McUrge...

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

Smokey Joe's: Island Ribs...

by flynboxes Updated Aug 29, 2010

This place is part of the Iguana Joe's chain that a friend of Kim's recomended to us. Come here for the ribs. I'm 6'3" and got two half slabs of baby back ribs with potatos and slaw..more than enough food.

Favorite Dish: Iguana Joes makes their own hot sauce...just what the doctor ordered for a fire fan like myself. Check it out and decide for yourself...I liked the sauce on the right side of the attached pic..even put it in my slaw to give it the right kick......
    This was one of the few nights I also ate desert...

Aruba Hotels

1 Review - 6 Photos
Noord Hotels
28 Reviews - 99 Photos

Instant Answers: Aruba

Comments

Aruba Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Aruba restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aruba sightseeing.
Map of Aruba