Places to eat in Aruba

Most Viewed Restaurants in Aruba

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

Lings Bar and Restaurant: Cheap Chinese

by flynboxes Updated Aug 29, 2010

This place was across the street from our hotel the Coconut Inn. Food was filling and tasty..owner was friendly even considering we were the only tourists inside with the football games being played in the field on the other side of the street. It is open from 11am to midnight. They also do takeout in case you want to enjoy a meal at the pool across the street at the Coconut Inn if you happen to be staying there

Favorite Dish: I had the delux chow mein and two spring rolls which was more than enough food. It is a local place since it is not on the tourist circut so if you are the friendly/chatty type it is a great place to meet some locals and make new friends or get some tips on what to do on the island.

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

Salt & Pepper: Tapas and other good food

by flynboxes Updated Aug 29, 2010

This places is a tapas house but they also have the usual Steakhouse fare..with a bar inside..at night it is packed.
    Bring a unique salt and pepper shaker from home and if they do not have it on the wall you get two glasses of sangria for free...as they state on the menu...don't even think about borrowing some from another hotel or restaurant. If you are Dutch I would pick up a cool pair at the outdoor markets on the morning of Queen's Day when everyone cleans out the house

Favorite Dish: We came here for lunch and I had a great salad..great to be able to eat a salad abroad and not have to worry about squirting it out the other end a few hours later.

Salt&Pepper salad with bacon and grilled shrimp Our free glasses of sangria Methods of payment..want to wash dishes???? Neat extras...

• pabertra's Profile Photo

Pinchos Bar & Grill: Pinchos Bar & Grill

by pabertra Written Aug 17, 2010

Pinchos is uber romantic: set out on a pier in the water, the restaurant is open air, with only eleven tables. It was even used as a date sight on the American TV show The Bachelor. Make sure to make a reservation no matter when you plan to visit! The kitchen consists of two people and a grill, but the food they serve is quite excellent. One charming feature of the restaurant is a rope swing suspended right inside. The setting is incredibly romantic with candlelight on each table and the restaurant is adorned with strands of white lights, so it is quite a sight to see on the water at night.

Favorite Dish: I had a seafood trio dish that included fresh grouper, Caribbean shrimp, and a lobster tail. The seafood was fresh (caught that day) and the portions were large.

Pinchos The two person kitchen ;o) Grouper, Caribbean shrimp, & lobster tail

• hanspeter_W.'s Profile Photo

charlies bar in san nicolas: have a drink at famous charlies bar

by hanspeter_W. Written Aug 27, 2009

San Nicolas A unique Caribbean energy is present in Aruba's second largest city, San Nicolas, with the majority of residents originally hailing from the British Caribbean. The development of the city is undeniably linked to the oil refinery, the presence of which often stands in sharp contrast to the modest houses of the area and the picturesque beach spots.

For years, one of the main reasons that visitors have found their way to this end of the island was to drop in at Charlie's Bar. This bar has been famous since the 1940's when scuba divers began to hang their underwater discoveries on the walls there. It has become a bit of a museum in the decades since.

San Nicolas is just now starting to develop itself into an "alternative" tourist destination. Hotels are being built or renovated to reflect the city's history when seamen around the world took shore leave to enjoy the local hospitality.

at charlies bar at charlies bar

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Marina Pirata: Pirate's Seafood Den

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jan 20, 2009

Marina Pirata floats like an island on a deck that stretches out into the ocean.

It's hard to find so we were lucky to have the company of locals Pushi Rubiano and hubby Herry. It's another magical Aruban hideaway and you walk down a series of steps, across a bubbling stream (which runs through a little mangrove of crisscrossed branches) and into a virtual pirates den on this man made permanent raft.

It's dark, lots of tiny fairy lights, plenty of candles, and the atmosphere is magic.

We were seated at the edge of the deck and the waters, lit by hurricane lamps, were teeming with hungry fish who swarmed in shoals waiting for morsels of bread which we happily threw to them.

The service was quick and pleasant and the prices were very reasonable indeed. I was stunned that a meal for four, with several rounds of drink, cost less than $140. At home we'd pay that for dinner for two!!!!!

Favorite Dish: I started with calamari rings in garlic sauce. The serving was huge, I feared I wouldn't finish (but I did), and instead of the usual garlic butter this was a proper garlic sauce that was also redolent with the salty taste of the sea.

I followed this with a seafood dish called Shore Platter - squid, mixed cubed fish, lobster, and shrimp served in a seafood sauce. All main courses come with mixed vegetables and your choice of rice, fried funchi (crispy corn bread), pan bati (aruban pancake), or french fries. I tried the pan bati, but it was too sweet for me. I tasted someone elses fried funchi and loved it - that will be my choice another time.

I didn't have dessert - I didn't have room; but cappuccino was served promptly and was delicious.

A great meal in a gorgeous setting.

Very romantic!

Marina Pirata Me

• diver-x's Profile Photo

Chalet Suisse: Elegant and Romantic!

by diver-x Updated Aug 6, 2008

This is not the type of restaurant my husband and I frequent very much because usually we end up disappointed. You know, the kind where you really shouldn't show up in shorts and sneakers. Usually at those kinds of places the food isn't any better than our more casual favorites back home, but the bill is two or three times as high... But I couldn't find anything wrong at Chalet Suisse. We were warmly welcomed by the maitre d' and promptly seated at a very comfortable & intimate table. The service was perfect, our jovial but respectful waiter showing up at exactly the right time every time. The food was wonderful as well, and my filet mignon melted in my mouth. The wine was delicious. And the coffee was perfect. Yes the bill was two or three times as high as some of our favorites at home, but this was a special evening and well worth it.

Favorite Dish: The menu is slanted toward Swiss/German/European with Wiener Schnitzel and Zuricher Geschnetzeltes on the list, but there are plenty of other, eclectic beef and chicken dishes for just about any meat-eaters' palate. I really enjoyed the Filet Mignon and the Wiener Schnitzel was great too!

Chalet Suisse - Fine dining at Eagle Beach
    • Beaches
    • Desert
    • Spa and Resort

• Salt and Pepper: Tapas is always good

by giselle900 Written Mar 14, 2008

Twice coming to Aruba I have eaten at Salt n Peppers and both times I was not disappointed. They are very reasonable, large selection of tapas, and varied wines. I like tapas not only for its Spanish flavor but for the fact that there are small portions at reasonable prices which allows for a greater variety in one sitting. They have both an indoor section and an outdoor section on the patio which on warm evenings, makes for a very soothing dinner.

Favorite Dish: Its all good. I love charizo but I love spicy.

• Iguana Joe's: Jamaican Food

by giselle900 Updated Mar 14, 2008

Iguana Joe's is located right downtown attached to the mall. It is an open venue and gives you the feel of eating outside while having a roof overhead. The balcony area over looks the main street but you can see the ocean just off to the left.

The waitstaff was great, always there when needed but didnt rush you. The food was fantastic, as I love spicy (the jamacian jerk chicken/beef is fab-U-lous!), great portions, great size drinks, and very reasonable.

At here on both trips to Aruba and loved it! Food is very tasty, different, and the view from the second level overlooking the main street is a nice diversion for people watching.

Favorite Dish: I forgot the name but the puffs apptz filled with cheese are yummy!! The Jamaican Jerk Chix is spicy without being over-powering. The drinks are large and worth the 6.95 price.

• Kisu's Profile Photo

The Pastechi House: Cool little snacks

by Kisu Written Feb 16, 2008

This is not really a restaurant but they serve such a tasty snack food that worth to try!

Turnovers are known all over the world, but each country has their own recipe and name. In Aruba they are called Pastechi's. The pastry is simple and they are filled with cheese, ham, meat or whatever and served warm....

These pastechi's cost only about few dollars and we bought them everyday we went to the beach off the resort.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of them, but they look pretty simple and taste soooo good!

Favorite Dish: My favourite pastechi was ham and cheese...mmmm

• Kisu's Profile Photo

El Gaucho: World's best steaks!!

by Kisu Updated Feb 16, 2008

Prepare to make a reservation when you plan going to El Gaucho. It's crowded every day and if you don't book a table in advance, you will get a beeper and you can have a drink while waiting on the bar right across the street.

When your table is ready they will either call to the bar or the beeper tells you that it's time to come.

Favorite Dish: Their menu consists several dishes but as the restaurant is Argentinian, steaks are highly recommended

El Gaucho

• mnhouston01826's Profile Photo

Salt -n- Peppa's: Keepin' It Simple!

by mnhouston01826 Written Jan 27, 2008

The menu has a wide variety of choices. When looking for a guranteed good meal without the long wait or reservations, this is the place to check out. They also have some of the best prices on the island.

Sunset Grill: Steaks and seafood, excellent meal

by Dabs Updated Dec 21, 2007

Sunset Grill was one of the most highly recommended restaurants, both by guidebooks and online reviews, and since we were staying at the Radisson, it was an easy choice for Saturday night dinner. I didn't realize there was an outdoor terrace, we were seated indoors in the brightly lit cheery restaurant. Service was efficient, not overly friendly. The menu specializes in steaks and seafood, the most expensive meal we had but not out of line with the higher end restaurants in Aruba. Dinner is the only meal served, 7 days a week. Reservations can be made online.

Favorite Dish: The meal started off with a piece of complimentary sushi and a bread basket filled with yummy rolls. I started off with an excellent cup of French onion soup ($8), topped with cheese, David had the lobster bisque ($10) which was rich and creamy and topped with a puff pastry crust. I knew I'd be having steak later in the week, so I ordered the pan-seared ruby red sushi grade tuna with sesame peppercorn crust served rare ($29) with a wicked wasabi and soy sauce which was excellent except for the very ends that were overdone. David had the bone in ribeye ($39) prepared medium, also excellent. Entrees are served ala carte so we ordered smashed potatoes with bacon and gouda cheese, sinfully delicious. I ordered the white chocolate hazelnut souffle ($12) served with caramel ice cream when I ordered my meal as it takes 30 minutes, some of the other dessert options were also tempting but we split one as we were stuffed.

The total bill was $129 with the 15% service charge that most restaurants in Aruba add on and no alcohol.

La Fondue d'Aruba: Fondue in Oranjestad

by Dabs Updated Dec 18, 2007

I really wanted to like this place, Aruba doesn't seem to have a lot of variety with their food, a lot of steak, seafood and Caribbean dishes. Plus I love fondue. But the service here was not very friendly and extremely slow, I can't even imagine how slow it is when the season actually starts. When we asked the man who seemed to be the manager what the delay was about, he apologized half heartedly and said it was because of a large party. But really, with fondue you are more or less cooking your own food, how difficult is it to get a pot of oil or bouillon on the table and deliver some cut up meat? The large party was getting cranky too, I'm not sure what was going on in the kitchen but at some point, if I was the manager, I would have gone in there and started chopping up meat instead of annoying the customers by walking around the dining area. And I would have thrown a little something in, instead they tack on the 15% service charge!

Favorite Dish: I have to say that the cheese fondue was very good, it's made right at your table, a mix of gruyere and Emmentaller cheese, garlic, nutmeg, kirsch and white wine. The menu option we picked, the French Quarter ($62 for two) also came with a green salad. And here's when the service broke down, they put a pot of bouillon, our choice of cooking, on the burner and we sat and sat and sat until finally they brought over the meat-chicken, teriyaki beef, sirloin and hot dogs (yes, you're reading that right, hot dogs)-plus a few vegetables. That course was OK, nothing special. We then ordered the white chocolate fondue ($18 for small), served with fruit, marshmellows, pound cake and a piece of cheesecake, that was very good.

So I'm giving this place a 4 for food and a 1 for service

Cheese fondue La Fondue d'Aruba

The Pastechi House: Snack in Oranjestad

by Dabs Written Dec 18, 2007

Being the pierogi queen of Northwest Indiana, I just had to try a pastechi, Aruba's version of the darling of dumplings, the pierogi. Who could resist a smiling pastechi licking his lips?

Favorite Dish: We saw this snack shop on Oranjestad's main street and stopped to try a couple of the mini pastechi, one meat and one ham and cheese. They were very yummy, a nice snack to tide us over until dinner.

The Pastechi House

Le Petit Cafe: All you can eat served breakfast

by Dabs Updated Dec 17, 2007

Le Petit Cafe has an all you can eat breakfast for $7.95 per person but I preferred the slightly more expensive all you can eat breakfast at Breakfast on the Beach. The food wasn't as good here, there wasn't as much selection and everything except toast and coffee has to be brought to you by a server.

Favorite Dish: Omelets, eggs, pancakes, fried potatoes, fresh fruit, orange juice, coffee and toast

Le Petit Cafe Le Petit Cafe

4 Reviews - 11 Photos
Noord Hotels
29 Reviews - 104 Photos

Instant Answers: Aruba

Comments

Aruba Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Aruba restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aruba sightseeing.
Map of Aruba