Bathsheba Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Bathsheba

• JREllison's Profile Photo

Beach Photraghpy at Bathseba

by JREllison Written Jul 9, 2010

The east coast of Barbados is swept by the Alantic Ocean and is much more rugged than the Cirabbean side. The waves and winds and the tropical plants have created some great settings for photography. We were on a island bus tour so did not stay overnight but there are a couple of hotels in Bathseba.

• Surfing

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Andromeda Botanic Gardens

by grandmaR Updated Jul 11, 2009

Flower in the gardens

Andromeda was developed in 1954 by the late horticulturist Iris Bannochie for her weekend retreat. It soon became a memorable garden and she opened it to the public. She left the property to the National Trust in 1988. It is named for the Greek goddess Andromeda who was chained to a rock - probably because of the huge limestone boulders in this area.

Andromeda Gardens is run by the Barbados National Trust. When we went it was part of the Heritage Pass ticket. However we had already used up our tickets, so we had to pay.

The garden spreads over six acres and contains orchids, exotics and shrubs. It is one of the finest collections of plants in the region.

Admission is about BBD12 for adults, BBD6 for children (6-12 yrs).

Hours: 9am-5pm daily; no admittance after 4:30pm

There is a Best of Barbados shop and also a small cafe at the garden entrance.

• Eco-Tourism

• 4tun81's Profile Photo

Get A Bottle of Bajan Rum

by 4tun81 Written Dec 27, 2003

If you like good liquor, get a bottle of Bajan rum. I think Mount Gay rum is the best. I don't like drinking liquor straight, but Mount Gay is so smooth that I can.

In small doses, though. It can kick your rear in major ways--it's very powerful.

Rum, I've heard, actually started in Barbados. I've heard the original term for rum is the old Bajan term "rumbullion."

We didn't get to tour the Mount Gay factory, which would have been great, since I hear they give free samples. So, do what we didn't get
    to, okay?

(Just don't drive after that. Bajan roads and alcohol really do NOT mix. Especially not at night. Sample responsibly!)

You can't go to the Caribbean and not try the rum!

Instant Answers: Bathsheba

Comments

Bathsheba Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Bathsheba things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bathsheba sightseeing.