Burrell Boom Travel Guide

Family Reunion/wedding aniversary
    by Blackorchid

Burrell Boom Restaurants

• by keysfun Written Jun 11, 2007

This is a real treat...but be careful, you might miss it! Take a drive through this charming village on the river and make sure to go through "town" and stop by Michaels Restaurant next to the only grocery store in town, Seidy's. When we visited last month, they had just opened an internet cafe next to it as well, the only place to get public internet service back there...very important to know! Althought the cafe is small, this family-run buisness serves up the best hamburgers, local food, and even spanish food such as burritos and tacos. The menu is extensive and very inexpensive...i recommend to grab a table outside and enjoy village life. The owners, Chris, his wife Marita, Pam, Geoffe all took care of us and we will def. be back....great spot to visit on way to Baboon Sanctuary, Bermuda Landing, Altun Ha ruins, etc.

• Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Eco-Tourism

• by RamblenRose Written Apr 1, 2007

We just got back from Belize yesterday (3/31/07) and visited the restaurant at the Black Orchid Resort for lunch. Although the menu choices were mostly geared toward the American taste---ie, chicken fingers, burgers---there were a couple of local foods on the menu. As we were not hungry and somehow got the impression that the local foods might be too influenced by the desire to attract the tourist, we decided to sit at the bar. My husband tried the local beer, Belikin, which he liked. I decided to go with a margarita. Although I had to wait a while to get it...I was starting to wonder....but we were with a tour group so I knew they were busy....I was pleasantly surprised. The ingredients were fresh and although I can't tell you what was in it except for the Jamaican lime, I can tell you it was probably the best I have ever had! I highly recommend them!

Favorite Dish: Margarita!

Burrell Boom Shopping

• ymike2000's Profile Photo
    mmm...samples

by ymike2000 Updated Jan 11, 2003

Shortly after entering Burrell Boom, we came upon Hilltop Winery, one of just a few wineries in Belize. We were led into a room where we sampled wine made from grapefruit, blackberries and cashew nuts.

What to pay: Our favorite was the Tamarind wine...we bought 2 bottles for a total of $10 US.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Burrell Boom

Comments

Burrell Boom Travel Guide
Map of Burrell Boom