II Bar, Caye Caulker

Know about this? Rate It!

Having fun on the rooftop terrace
    Inside the I&I Reggae Bar, Caye Caulker
    Happy Hour at the I&I Reggae Bar
  • Jefie's Profile Photo

I&I Reggae Bar: Possibly the best bar in Caye Caulker

by Jefie Written Mar 27, 2011

On an island that isn't particularly known for its nightlife, the I&I Reggae Bar is a good option for those who are looking for something to do once the sun comes down - or even as the sun is coming down, since you can watch the sunset from the rooftop terrace. The view is not exactly the best on the island, but the atmosphere totally makes up for what it's lacking: there are plenty of hammocks, swings and big comfy couches, with reggae music playing all evening long - there's even a small dance floor inside for those who can't resist grooving to a Bob Marley tune!

Dress Code: The concept of a "dress code" doesn't exist in Caye Caulker!

Having fun on the rooftop terrace Happy Hour at the I&I Reggae Bar View of the sunset from the rooftop terrace Sunset scene at the I&I Reggae Bar Inside the I&I Reggae Bar, Caye Caulker

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo

II Bar: Playground for Adults

by JetlagCity Updated Aug 31, 2009

The II Bar (pronounced like “eye eye”) is like a playground for adults – one section has swings hanging from the ceiling, and it’s connected by a hanging rope bridge to another section. Upstairs is an open-air area with a thatched roof, hammocks, and a couple of picnic tables, with nice views across the island and out to the water. When we were there they were playing the typical Carribean reggae music that you hear all around the island. It’s impossible to imagine being anything but laid-back here. Try the local Belikin beer or a drink made with the local rum, which still tastes like sugar cane.

Dress Code: very casual

II Bar

• LakeFever's Profile Photo

II Bar: Cool view from the top

by LakeFever Written Feb 3, 2007

A cool chill out place with three levels. Opens around 6 to midnight depending on how busy it is. The one night we were the only ones there for some time but did end up meeting the bartender and some other guy who wanted to chat. The seats are made of swings and there are a couple hammocks. Beers regular price for the island.

Dress Code: Anything goes

The group including Gilbert These guys are the same age. How old? This is for real,yes he is holding on straight out Up top overlooking the streets and houses. Ya nice try Morden.

• LostBoyPN's Profile Photo

I & I Raggae Bar: Coolest spot on the island

by LostBoyPN Written Feb 22, 2005

This tri-level spot is small, compared to US clubs, but the atmosphere was very cool. The top floor has hammocks to lay in. The middle has the bar and swings to sit on while listening to good music. Outside downstairs is another place to kick it.

Dress Code: No shoes, no shirt, no problem. Just like everywhere else on the island.

Top floor

• Waylon's Profile Photo

II Bar (Aye Aye): Reggae music and a cold brew

by Waylon Written Jan 6, 2004

The II bar (prounced aye aye) is a must for anyone visiting Caye Caulker. It is built on three levels and is all outside. It has a rope swing bridge connecting one side to another and a small elevator on which the beers or other drinks are sent to the different levels. This bar would not be out of place in a jungle. Reggae music is played all the time and some of the most interesting characters hang out here.
    It is a great place to kick back on a warm tropical evening. The roof keeps the rain off but there are no walls, it is completely outside and one can get a interesting view from the upper levels of some of the island. The top level even has a few hammocks for those lazy days.

Dress Code: No dress code required, shorts and flip flops are the order of the day

Caye Caulker by night