Sunscreen, Caye Caulker

by Maria_75
  • jtaa's Profile Photo

Repellent

by jtaa Written May 28, 2010

Luggage and bags: Mosquito repellent is a must here!!!Mosquitos will come and get you if you do not wear it at night!! A must, must

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: No fancy clothing here.. just swimsuit/sandles/shorts/tank tops

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Any and all medical supplies you might think you need. They do have it here on the island but it would be a lot cheaper for you to bring your own.

• missionaryangel's Profile Photo

Avon Skin so Soft bug suntan lotion for sandflies

by missionaryangel Updated May 2, 2006

Luggage and bags: Dont buy to big of luggage as will take up all your weight. so much for my big bertha that weighs in at 20 lbs before packing. Also I pack many things in zip lock bags and keep them dry and easlier to find when I get there. Keeps the bugs out to

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Island clothes. But sometimes cool at night. Thong type sandles that the sand wont get in and give you blisters. Fun to dress up more at night.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Bring All you need Medicines are hard to find in this country and on the island But the health post is always there to help you.. Ask for Nurse Donna They just dont always have the right medicines.. There is a new pharmacy right next to the health post.

Photo Equipment: I take a digital camera and cost me 100. Kodak. I love it and takes better pictures than others that paid alot more than me. Bring an underwater camera if you want snorkle shots. and cheaper in the states than on the island. Also buy a big GIG card for your digital. You will want to take alot of pictures.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: If you go camping it can get damp and cold. The blow up pads are worth there weight in gold and some blow up now with batteries.

Miscellaneous: I bring my own shampoo although they have some more kinds you are use to but expensive.

• Adventure Travel

• Maria_75's Profile Photo

Protect your skin

by Maria_75 Written Nov 9, 2004

Use sunlotion

Miscellaneous: Remember to use sunlotion! The sun is quite strong, and the sea reflects plenty of the sun, so reapply often if you don't want to be burned. A waterproof sunlotion is the best, since the water is so great that you are probably going to spend plenty of time inside there.

• paparush's Profile Photo

Less is Better

by paparush Updated May 26, 2003

Luggage and bags: 2 bags..One to carry your personal belongings, clothes, toilettries, etc...and one to carry stuff to the beach.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Man..we totally overpacked (real shoes, long sleave pants, long sleave shirt)..FORGET THAT.
    When we go back, I'll take two pairs of shorts and two shirts. ...That's all you need!! No shirt, no shoes, no problem!
    We took a side trip to Guatamala and Tikal. I wore shorts and my Tevas and did fine. I'm 36 yrs old in pretty decent shape. No bugs in Tikal either.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Lots of Sun Screen. We're pretty fair skinned and used WaterProof #30 and did fine.

Miscellaneous: We were in Caye Caulker all of May, 2003 and there were NO BUGS!

• Water Sports

• jujub's Profile Photo

Packing List

by jujub Written Aug 26, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Camping

Miscellaneous: Don't forget your sunblock, especially when you are riding a boat... and also a hat or something... your scalp can burn too! Here is a picture of a chicken (rooster?) and a dog, chilling out in the shade...

Instant Answers: Caye Caulker

Comments

Other What to Pack in Caye Caulker