Caye Caulker Bakery, Caye Caulker

by grandmaR
  • illumina's Profile Photo

Caye Caulker Bakery: For snacks

by illumina Written Aug 5, 2013

The bakery, just south of the bank on Middle, does do really nice bread, cakes, and doughnuts. They are a little pricey for what they serve, but it's worth it once in a while.

Favorite Dish: I particularly recommend the cheese and onion topped flat breads (BZ$1.50). If you can get any!

• HasTowelWillTravel's Profile Photo

Caye Caulker Bakery: Caye Caulker Bakery: Fresh and Delicious Breakfast

by HasTowelWillTravel Updated Jan 5, 2013

This bakery is located on middle street (Avenida Langosta) a half a block north of the dock street (Calle del Sol). The bakery is open Monday through Saturday from about 7:30 AM until 7:00 PM.

I found it while wandering through the village in search of a cheap breakfast, and I was not disappointed (since I was just wandering I have no photos of it), but they had delicious sweet buns, cinnamon rolls, danishes, some donuts too. (And for the post-breakfast crew,the bakery also carries traditional baked goods like loaves of bread other breads.)

It is a great place, I got 4 different rolls and spent about Bz$3, a bargain for breakfast. The store next door sells fresh fruit and fruit juices to complete the meal :)

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Caye Caulker Bakery: Closed Sunday

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

From website

The Iguana Reef Inn website says:
    Located on middle street in the center of the village. The bakery is open Monday through Saturday from about 7:30 AM until 7:00 PM, but closed between noon and 2:00 for a brief siesta.... popular.. in the morning for sweet buns at cheap prices. Buns include donuts, jelly rolls and cinnamon rolls just to name a few.. . Don't look for low-fat muffins. If you can, get there right after siesta for the jalapeno and cheese rolls. Also carries traditional items like loaves of bread, hot dog buns and other breads.

We had intended to have breakfast here on Sunday, but it was closed.

Favorite Dish: Since Bob was the only one who went here, I don't have any photos of it. He bought some breakfast rolls on our last morning for $2.30BZ which we ate the next afternoon while we were waiting for our room to be ready at Rubies.

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Caye Caulker Bakery: For freshly baked bread, buns and more!

by Jefie Written Mar 26, 2011

Caye Caulker Bakery

Caye Caulker Bakery has been around for quite some time and is very popular, especially with people looking for cheap breakfast or dessert. Since we had a fridge in our room we went to the bakery on a few occasions to stock up on bread, buns and rolls. I wasn't too crazy about their cinamon buns, but I really enjoyed their ham and cheese rolls - I believe they put some chopped peppers in them because they had a bit of kick, but not so strong that you couldn't eat it for breakfast. The bakery is open every day except Sunday, and it's a good idea to go not too late during the day, when the shelves are still well stocked.

• jtaa's Profile Photo

The bakery: Oh my gosh!!!

by jtaa Written May 28, 2010

We went there every morning to have breakfast. They have the best baked goods around. The bread pudding, over sized cinnamon rolls to die for...sweet bread of diffrent jam flavores..very delish cookies. We would go there in the afternoon and get things to nibble on at night. The morning we were getting ready to fly back home we had the taxi driver take us by the bakery for one more tast of delight!! Oh and cheap, cheap, cheap

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo

Caye Caulker Bakery: Fresh Baked Goods

by JetlagCity Written Feb 26, 2005

bakery entrance

The local bakery on Middle Street is a great place to get something fresh baked for breakfast, for very cheap. I'm partial to their cinnamon buns, which aren't as gooey as some others I've had. We also bought ham and cheese sandwiches here to take out on a boat with us one day for lunch and they were great - I don't know what kind of bread they were in, but it was wonderful. This place is popular, so the selection goes down as the morning goes by. They open at 7:30a.m.

Instant Answers: Caye Caulker