Co Co Plum Cage, Caye Caulker

Whole Wheat Pancakes
    by LostBoyPN
  • Coco Plum Cafe and Spa: Over priced and flakey owners

by anacon2010 Written Jun 10, 2011

We went a couple of times when exploring the south side of the island and found the omelettes and bread are quite nice and substantial but overall, everything else was very pricey and very small portions (we were starving an hour later). Music is too loud and weird to relax during the day and when we passed through on a live music night it was blasting and really bad so we didn't bother. I don't think they know what they are, a restaurant, spa or store. The owners are flaky, we laughed because a few people told us prior they're just trying to get everyone to join their cult and it seemed true! And the husband is cranky. Our friends said they had tarot card reads and the woman just read the meanings from a book so they weren't impressed. I wouldn't go back. Also, one of the positive reviews on here was written by the very same artist they sell in the cafe which we bought to take home with us - Anahatagal (check the paintings and postcards for her name)! Much better places to eat on this great island are the Sandbox, Don Corleone, Syd's, the Italian place on the beach, and so many others...

• coco plum cage: a complete disappointment

by jfhscott Written Mar 5, 2010

I've been to Caye Caulker 4 times, and will go back in a heartbeat, but will never darken Coco plum's doorway again. Simply, it is uninteresting, overpriced, unappetizing food far from Front Street. And the staff seem a bit flighty and unintersted in a diner's experience.

My buddy ordered pizza, which was reminicent of something from a box. the slice was tiny, and it cost more than a slice in New York. Take my word - don't go!!!!!!

Favorite Dish: the water

• Coco Plum: Don't miss their fantastic omelet

by Untiedt Written Feb 16, 2009

We went out of our way to find this place after reading great reviews for their breakfast and were not disappointed. It's a hike from "downtown" so you might want to get a taxi but it'll be worth every penny. Located in the "woods" on the island you walk through a beautiful garden to find their funky shop/restaurant. The chef and owner are extremely personable and happy to chat. Be sure to check out their spa, it's a beautiful building and we regretted planning a massage!

Favorite Dish: We all had omelets or crepes. Each dish was fantastic! Yum!

• Coco Plum Garden Cafe & Spa: Addicted to Coco Plum Cafe!

by anahatagal Written Nov 26, 2008

I am so addicted to the Coco Plum Omelette! And they have real coffee! This funky, out of the way cafe is worth the meandering through back streets to find. It's seriously the best Omelette I have ever had! I also has a session with the Mayan woman who works in their spa and it was incredible. I highly recommend a trip to Coco Plum.

• co co plum: don't go at all

by jfhscott Written Mar 10, 2008

Food was terrible and very expensive by island standards.

Lady who waited on us (an owener?) was flaky and wierd.

CAye Caulker has many, many more charming places - this was a waste

Favorite Dish: The napkins. They were not good, but tasted better than the food.

• AKJ1's Profile Photo

Co Co Plum Cage: Best Omelet Ever

by AKJ1 Written Mar 4, 2005

The restaurant is near the airport. The setting is interesting but I prefer near the water. The owner seems a bit eccentric but the breakfast was excellent. The coffee was great. The omelet was one of the best ever. The service was good but we were in a bit of a rush. Not their fault. We'd have eaten there but they were closed on Monday and Tuesday.

Favorite Dish: The regular omelet was great. The fruit platter was a bargain. The cappucino was said to be excellent.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• LostBoyPN's Profile Photo

Coco Plum: The world's best Cappuccino

by LostBoyPN Written Feb 22, 2005

Whole Wheat Pancakes

This was my favorite restaurant on the island. Chris, the owner, is a cool Dutch guy. His stories were as good as his food, too. Great guy. Everything about the restaurant (which feels more like eating in a house) is cool. The gardens outside, the homely feel, the neat items for purchase. The large dining table made it comfortable to speak with the other travellers.

Favorite Dish: I ate the whole wheat pancakes with lime and sugar all three times I came. Delicious. Fresh orange juice was great. But, the kicker was the Cappuccino. I've been to Italy and I must say that Chris' Cap was as good, or better than any I've ever had.

Instant Answers: Caye Caulker