Don Corleone Caribbean Trattoria, Caye Caulker

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 8 Reviews

Front Street along the beach 501-226-0025

• Lasagna, gnocci and pizza at Don Corleone's
    Lasagna, gnocci and pizza at Don...
    by Jefie
  • Dinner at Don Corleone Caribbean Trattoria
    Dinner at Don Corleone Caribbean...
    by Jefie
    The Main Courses have Arrived
    by Bwana_Brown
  • Jefie's Profile Photo

Don Corleone's Caribbean Trattoria: Delicious Italian food in Caye Caulker

by Jefie Updated Mar 13, 2011

Dinner at Don Corleone Caribbean Trattoria

Don Corleone's Caribbean Trattoria turned out to be one of my favorite restaurants in Caye Caulker. As soon as we walked in, I very much enjoyed the elegant yet cozy atmosphere of the place, and got a kick out of all the "Godfather" posters! Our waitress was very friendly and she brought us a menu that had such a great selection of pasta and pizza, it took me quite a while to decide what I wanted to eat. There also was an amazing selection of wine, the best one I've seen in Caye Caulker. The first time we went, we decided to split a portobello mushroom appetizer (and thank goodness we split it because it was huge, topped with fresh roasted parmesan), and I ordered a simple but delicious spaghetti a la bolognesa. I couldn't eat all of my plate but our waitress kindly put it in a box for me to bring back to the hotel, and it made for an excellent lunch the next day. On my second trip to Caye Caulker, we decided to go back to Don Corleone's for our last dinner, and this time Sylvain and I shared a four-cheese pizza with some gnocchi al pesto. Again, everything was delicious, especially the pizza - it has to be the best one on the island!

• Don Coleone: Very good food and service

by Untiedt Written Feb 16, 2009

We were looking for a nice place to eat out on New Year's Eve 2009 and found Don Corleone's. Very happy with the amount and quality of the food. A neat Carribean-Italian cross. We each had a different meal and loved the pork loin special from that night. Also has awesome drinks and a nice mood to the restaurant.

• Icemaiden02's Profile Photo

Don Corleone Caribbean Trattoria: premier Italian dining

by Icemaiden02 Written May 6, 2007

Considered one of the premier dining experiences on Caye Caulker, this restaurant is steps above the rest in terms of ambience and quality of service. The interior dining room features recessed lighting and an impecably classy bar. Wooden tables and chairs, along with hardwood floors, finish the look. We dined outdoors, on the patio that featured 3-4 tables, and appropriate amount of privacy was provided with a few choice potted plants. Service was quick and attentive, which was a welcome change from the laid-back service you grow accustomed to on this island.

Italian bread with olive oil is served. Choice of Italian fare is extensive, and extremely good. We tried the lasagna which was rich and flavorful, and also the gnocchi in pesto. I don't think you can pick a dish here and go wrong!

• Luxury Travel

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Don Corleone Caribbean Trattoria: Top End Stuff Here

by Bwana_Brown Updated Aug 11, 2006

The Main Courses have Arrived

On our second night on Caulker, we had intended to try the Rasta Pasta, which had good reviews from a number of sources! However, it turned out that it was reserved for a wedding reception for the entire weekend. Instead, we decided to go upscale and give the highly rated Don Corleone Caribbean Trattoria a go! Darkness was just starting to fall as we arrived, amongst the first customers, so we were able to get a romantic outside seat along the street front. We celebrated the view of the full moon shining through the palm trees with US$4.50 Margaritas while we had a look at the menu. The restaurant has a great selection of items, but we both decided that this was going to be a fish night!

Favorite Dish: Sue really enjoyed her Hot Red Fillet meal, consisting of a Snapper Fillet sauteed in extra virgin olive oil with black olives and capers in a medium spicy tomato sauce (US$15). My Pesce Catalaina meal was OK, another Snapper Fillet sauteed in olive oil and topped with diced tomato, celery, red onion and black olives (US$16). Both dishes came with slices of Pineapple, Watermelon and Canteloupe and we each had two US$6 glasses of Pinot Grigio as we lingered over the meal. Well we said we were going to celebrate, and it cost us US$63 in total!

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Beaches

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo

Don Corleone Caribbean Trattoria: Fresh Pasta and The Best Granola!

by windsorgirl Updated Apr 1, 2005

Caye Caulker street scene

This restaurant is not your typical Belizean fare, you will not find any rice and beans on the menu, but it does have fabulous Italian dishes and it was my favorite spot for breakfast.

Favorite Dish: They have an excellent granola with yogurt and fresh fruit. That plus a glass of fresh squeezed fruit juice will cost you 15BZ.

If you feel like splurging one night, as I did, this is the place. I had a fabulous Pasta Carbonara and a piece of Tiramisu. The Tiramisu was huge and delicous but it alone cost as much as my whole grilled snapper did the night before! My dinner incl a glass of red wine and dessert cost 56BZ. Be aware that gratuity is automatically included in your bill.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo

Don Corleone Caribbean Trattoria: Authentic Italian Food

by JetlagCity Updated Mar 11, 2005

Don Corleone

I wasn't expecting to find such an authentic Italian restaurant on a little island in the Carribean, but here you have it. Pasta cooked al dente, Italian wines and all. This place is a little more upscale - it actually has a floor, unlike some other restaurants in town, and of course it has a poster of Don Corleone from The Godfather. It may be the most expensive place in town, which only means it costs as much as a typical nice dinner out in Seattle.

Our meal cost $55US, which included a Cesear salad, two pasta dishes, a glass of Chianti, two Mai Tai's, tax, and the 10% gratuity which they add to the bill. I was craving something different, which on CC means NOT seafood, so I had the spaghetti carbonara and it was super.

• LostBoyPN's Profile Photo

Don Corleone Caribbean Trattoria: Don't go for lunch

by LostBoyPN Written Feb 22, 2005

The restaurant is very nice inside. Perhaps dinner would be a good meal, but the lunch menu is very limited. I had a simple Margherita pizza that I could've made at home. Heck, it wasn't even DiGiorno.

• Don Corleone: Real Italian, excellent food, the best on CC

by hairyhippo Written Mar 17, 2004

We had breakfasts and a dinner here. All our dishes were good. The seafood linguine was spicy. The shrimp linguine in creamy tomato sauce was wonderful. The special, which was shrimps in a feta cream sauce, was awesome! We were too full to try desserts. My friends said the lattes were perfect and you can get eggs benedict here for breakfast (on a bagel, but still quite good). The atmosphere is romantic. The decor is rich colors and nice settings. They have large window and French doors that open to let in the breeze. We could watch the full moon hanging over the water as we ate. The service is cheerful and fast. More expensive than most places on CC but worth it.

Favorite Dish: If they have the shrimp in feta cream sauce, don't miss it! I thought it sounded weird but my friend ordered it and I was jealous.

Instant Answers: Caye Caulker