Rasta Pasta, Caye Caulker

by LakeFever
  • Maria_75's Profile Photo

Rasta Pasta: Nice place on the beach

by Maria_75 Written Nov 9, 2004

It's a very nice place to sit down, relax and have something to eat. It's situated on the beach, close to the waterdock, and is very central. It's a "rainforest cafe" and is almost worth checking it out just because of the names on the dishes, what about a "Reaggae McMuffin" breakfast for example? :)

Rasta Pasta in the mainstreet

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo

Plenty of choices on Caye Caulker

by windsorgirl Updated Apr 1, 2005

I had several great meals while staying on Caye Caulker. My least expensive meal was at one of the beachside bbq's. You will see them set up after dark on Front Street. They usually offer grilled snapper, chicken or shrimp for about $5US with sides incl. My shrimp was very good.

I also enjoyed a meal at Rasta Pasta. I ordered the giant burrito (pictured here). It looks huge, but it was filled mostly with salad and some chicken so I had no problem finishing it. Rasta Pasta also has 2 for 1 rum drinks during Happy Hour from 4 to 6pm. By far the most popular drink in Belize is the Panty Ripper....coconut rum and pineapple juice.

the giant burrito

• Icemaiden02's Profile Photo

Rasta Pasta: giant burritos are the best

by Icemaiden02 Written May 6, 2007

Rasta Pasta is located near the heart of Caye Caulker and many a traveller will point you in the right direction should you inquire. The restaurant has no floors (just sand), and a couple of key fans fastened to the walls and support beams to keep the dining area cool. Seating area is large, holding 10+ tables. There is even a separate gaming area of arcade games to keep children (and grown men) entertained. Restaurant appears to be very popular among the 20-year old, college-aged crowd.

We ordered the Thai curry, which was excellent. It comes in a large bowl that will take you a while to consume. The other item we ordered was a jerk chicken burrito, which was larger than my head! It is large enough that if I were to order that again, I'd make sure I had a partner to share it with. The jerk chicken marinade was excellent, and comprised of a home recipe they marinate it in for 24 hours. Owners are friendly and around, and quick to share a story and make you feel welcomed. (However, I think they are thinking of moving/selling, so hurry in before it's too late).

• paradisedreamer's Profile Photo

Rasta Pasta: Rasta Pasta

by paradisedreamer Written Nov 9, 2005

Rasta Pasta is a little pricey but the food is excellent. The Thai curries are well worth trying (at about BZ$26) especially if you are sick of fried chicken and craving veggies! There is also a bar of course!)

• Rasta Pasta: Best Dinner at Best Price

by palchance Written Sep 22, 2008

Fantastic. Those reviewers who said the floor was sand must have been smoking a little too much of the local stuff. The restaurant is very comfortable with outdoor and indoor seating. The bartender, Steve, and the owner, Shanti, are awesome. They make their own ginger beer which you can get mixed with rum (always one barrel) - 2 for 1 happy hour. I highly recommend this drink as it is fantastic. I sampled a few of the items during the week that I stayed on Caye Caulker but the ceviche definitely won me over. You can't go wrong, though.

Favorite Dish: try a bit of everything

• LostBoyPN's Profile Photo

Rasta Pasta: Uhm, get some pasta

by LostBoyPN Written Feb 22, 2005

On the beach, Rasta Pasta is a nice place to eat. Take a photo at their cool sign, too. I hear they have big burritos, but I stuck with pasta.

Favorite Dish: Pesto pasta with grilled chicken. Yum. I love pesto, so this meal was great for me.

Photo op

• LakeFever's Profile Photo

Rasta Pasta: Somewhere to go at least once.

by LakeFever Written Jan 26, 2007

Cool vibe, decent service, fresh food, cold beer.
    Sitting on the sand or inside.
    Happy hr with cheap rum and juice or Cuba libres. $2.

Favorite Dish: We had apps there....they were good, especially the salsa....freshest ever, very worth it. Fritters were good too....something different for us.
    The burritos look good, but caution......we heard before we went there, and witnessed for ourselves....its one burrito for two people....they are HUGE!

Hi Amy!...look close. Appetizers. Salsa Awesome. Conch good.

• Rasta Pasta: Great bar, good service

by hairyhippo Written Mar 17, 2004

The seating is just off the beach either in the sun or under a roof. In rougher weather they pull down tarps to keep the wind out. The floor is sand. Your kids can play in the sand at your feet while you eat. The food is good. We had Thai chicken, shrimp curry, grilled fish and daily specials and it was all very good.

Favorite Dish: grilled whole fish, very fresh and flavorful

Instant Answers: Caye Caulker