The Happy Lobster, Caye Caulker

• Jefie's Profile Photo

The Happy Lobster: Great for dinner, OK for breakfast

by Jefie Written Feb 28, 2009

Sylvain and his mom at The Happy Lobster

The Happy Lobster is a nice, unpretentious restaurant located on Front Street. After our day of snorkelling with E-Z Boy Tours we went out for dinner there, and we each picked something different from the menu: a chicken salad, pasta in a creamy primavera sauce, and grilled snapper. We all very much enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service, so a few days later we decided to go back, this time for breakfast. There were mixed reviews around the table: my pancakes were very good, but some thought the bacon was a bit cold and the hashbrowns left something to be desired. I'd still recommend it as an affordable and enjoyable place to eat in Caye Caulker, and once you're done with your meal you can check out the small giftshop that's attached to the restaurant, I found a few souvenirs there :o)

• AKJ1's Profile Photo

Happy Lobster: Great Breakfast

by AKJ1 Written Mar 4, 2005

We only ate breakfast there. But we did so 3 times. Good service. Good food. We sat on the porch and waved to all our new friends as we waited on breakfast.

Favorite Dish: Their specialty for breakfast is fried eggs covered with lobster and a great tomato sauce. I ate it all three times.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo

The Happy Lobster: Traditional Belizian Food

by JetlagCity Written Feb 26, 2005

stewed chicken with rice & beans

The Happy Lobster is a local place (meaning not upscale) serving good food at budget prices. They have an extensive menu featuring lots of seafood, but my favorite item is the traditional Belizean stewed chicken with rice and beans, with a couple little slices of plantains. Very good cooking indeed. We had two of these dishes at lunch with four Belikin beers(!) and a large bottled water and it only cost $20US, including tax and tip.

Like several other places, I noticed they still had some Christmas garlands up in February, making me wonder if they just keep them up all year round.

• LotusV8's Profile Photo

Happy Lobster: Exellent food!

by LotusV8 Written Dec 3, 2005

Happy Lobster

Nice and spacy, friendly staff (who isnt friendly in the Cayes?), here you can also have your breakfast

Favorite Dish: Lobster