Wish Willy's, Caye Caulker

Fresh conch meal
    by LostBoyPN
  • Wish Willy's: Outstanding

by Rshields Written Dec 14, 2007

We went to Wish Willy's after a nite dive. Willy is really friendly and made us feel at home. We couldn't quite finish our meal and asked for a box to take back to our room. He couldn't find one, so he wrapped up the plate in foil and said we could bring it back to him tomorrow.

Favorite Dish: The spicy shrimp appetizer was to die for

• bsfreeloader's Profile Photo

Wish Willy's: Enjoy an Evening with Maurice.

by bsfreeloader Updated Dec 27, 2005

Eating at Wish Willy's is like going to a friend's house for dinner. Only instead of eating at the dining room table, you eat in the front yard. The chef/owner, Maurice, cooks up a wide range of seafood dishes, always fresh, and never more than $10 US. Over the course of a week, I had lobster teriyaki, chilled stone crabs, and grilled snapper, lobster, and amberjack, among other things. Not once was I disappointed.

• LostBoyPN's Profile Photo

Wish WIlly's: Most unique setting and food I had on the island

by LostBoyPN Updated Feb 23, 2005

I met Willy, the owner of Wish Willy's, during the daytime. I had been looking for his restaurant 'cause it was recommended to me by some folks I met at Coco Plum. He moved from the location listed in Lonely Planet. He's farther down towards the Split. Anyway, we hung out and talked for an hour. He showed me the place and told me of his plans to improve the upstairs dining room. I returned for dinner and had the whole upstairs room to myself. It's creaky up there. You feel like you're going to fall through at any moment. But, it had the most unique ambience of any restaurant. Plus, Willy and his staff and friends who just hang out there are totally cool.

Favorite Dish: I just asked Willy to make whatever he wanted and thought was his best meal that night. He made up some Conch with rice and fresh vegetables (not just coleslaw like most restaurants there, but real broccolli and cauliflower). It was delicious. And he had fresh ginger in there to spice it up. Great meal. Most unique I had.

Fresh conch meal