Sun Set / Rise, Caye Caulker

Watching the sun set in Caye Caulker
    by Jefie
    That's me, enjoying my Bloody Mary!
    Sunset in Caye Caulker, Belize
  • Jefie's Profile Photo

Watching the sunset at the Iguana Reef Inn

by Jefie Updated Feb 20, 2009

Sunset in Caye Caulker, Belize

Pretty much every day we got up early enough to watch the sunrise over the Carribean Sea from our bedroom window, and after a few days we decided to head over to the other side of the island to watch the sunset. After hitting a few docks, we finally found the best spot on the island for watching sunsets: the small beach behind the Iguana Reef Inn resort! Not only does it offer a great view of the sea, but you can also order drinks from the hotel's bar to make your evening even more enjoyable. I ordered a Bloody Mary once and it was one of the best I've ever had - very spicy and made with a freshly crushed tomato, yum! We went back a few times (because every sunset is different!) and every night there would be small groups of people waiting for the sun to go down with a drink in one hand and a camera in the other :o) You don't have to be a guest at the hotel to sit on the beach, all visitors are welcome!

• LakeFever's Profile Photo

Chill out on the dock!

by LakeFever Written Mar 9, 2007

Each sunset was different

Following dinner but before going out for the evening somewhere we loved to chill out on the dock from our hotel. Sometimes we would grab a few beers from the store and relax for an hour as the sun went down. Its a great way to relax after a long day of relaxing! NOTE: each hotel tended to have their own dock (or access to one)....some places provided chairs and hammocks, benches, etc....others, simply a dock.......a considerations when deciding on where to stay!

• Trixxi's Profile Photo

Amazing!

by Trixxi Written Nov 27, 2006

The sunsets here are amazing. After a long and lazy day, the best thing to do is grab a cocktail and sit on the pier and watch the sunset. People started joining us, locals and tourists. Everyone just sat there in awe of how absolutely amazing it was. It was so peaceful. I often will drift off to "watch the sunset" even now while I am at home. I miss this place.

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo

Watch the Sunset

by windsorgirl Written Apr 1, 2005

sunset at The Split

I find that when I am on holiday, I always make a point to see the sunset. It's something that often is overlooked or forgotten in our busy everyday lives. However, on laid back Caye Caulker, where there are no appointments or schedules to be kept, waiting for the sun to set is a great way to pass the time.

The best place for viewing sunset, I think, is at The Split. My photo was taken from the cement pier in front of The Lazy Lizard Bar. You are sure to meet other like-minded souls here around 6pm as well as a fisherman or two. The Ragamuffin Sailboat also makes a stop here each evening.

• Beaches

• Maria_75's Profile Photo

Watch the sunset

by Maria_75 Written Nov 9, 2004

Sunset in Belize

It's fantastic to watch the sunset. And it's a lot easier to see it than the sunrise as it is in the afternoon, and not in the early morning... ;) A great place to see it is at the Lazy Lizard at the split. Sit on the sand with your feet in the water while fishes swim around, and listen to reaggae from the bar. But pay attention to the sun, because in just a few minutes it's gone. It goes really quick.

Click here for more pictures.

• Maria_75's Profile Photo

Get up and see the sunrise

by Maria_75 Updated Nov 9, 2004

Even if you really hate to wake up early (like me...), you should really set the alarmclock and get up and see the sunrise at least once. Believe me, it's worth it! It's really amazing to see the sun rising up from the sea in just a few minutes, and then suddenly it's high up in the sky. Sit on the beach, watch the sun, listen to the birds singing and see the fishes jumping.

It's a fantastic experience!

• LotusV8's Profile Photo

Sunrise!

by LotusV8 Written Dec 3, 2005

Sunrise

Dont miss the sunrise, it is so beautiful and you will never regret that early morning, this shot is taken from our room and as you can see: a very simple window without glas, but what a shot!!!

• Diving and Snorkeling

• paradisedreamer's Profile Photo

Snorkelling trip 8

by paradisedreamer Written Nov 9, 2005

There is nothing better than sailing at sunset; we were even rewarded with a dolphin swimming on the bow!

• paradisedreamer's Profile Photo

LK 2

by paradisedreamer Written Nov 9, 2005

Every night just before sunset we could here the lyrical king strumming his guitar and singing to whoever will listen (in exchange for a beer later). You’ll find him at the sandbox most days.

• LostBoyPN's Profile Photo

Watch the sun set at the city dock

by LostBoyPN Written Feb 22, 2005
    Sunset

The city's dock on the opposite side of the village is a great place to watch the sun set. Simply amazing.

• Beaches