Golf Cart, Caye Caulker

Know about this? Rate It!

Poor pick-up truck!
    by Jefie
  • That's me, on my very first golf cart ride!
    That's me, on my very first golf cart...
    by Jefie
    You'd better belieze it!
    by Assenczo
  • Anita_Porec's Profile Photo

getting around is pretty cool

by Anita_Porec Written Feb 27, 2009

go slow

.GOLF CART

..as of today, March 2009 - the rates at M&M's are 10.00 USD for 1 HR
    65.00 USD for the whole day.

I can't imagine why you'd want one for the whole day, unless you have a lot of stuff?!
    You can see the whole island is 1-2hrs....

• Jefie's Profile Photo

No cars, only golf carts!

by Jefie Written Feb 21, 2009

That's me, on my very first golf cart ride!

There are no cars on Caye Caulker, only 3 pick-up trucks and one of them broke down while we were on the island. It's such a small place, most people use their feet to travel around the island, but if getting around on foot is an issue for you, there's always the option of renting a golf cart. You can get a gas or an electric one, and I must admit, they're really fun to drive around! My in-laws rent theirs at Caye Caulker Golf Cart & Trailer Rentals, which is owned by Elsa, a really nice lady. It costs about US$60/day, US$275/week to rent a golf cart so it's not exactly cheap, but I guess it's good to know that the option is there.

Caye Caulker Golf Cart & Trailer Rentals is located at the corner of Back Back Street (Mangle Avenida) and Calle del Sol. They also offer taxi services (again no cars, only golf carts!).

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Airport 'Taxi'

by Bwana_Brown Updated Mar 14, 2006

Caye Caulker's Airport Terminal

The two other passengers who had arrived on Caulker with us were long-time repeat visitors to the island, so they had a small reception committee waiting for them with an electric golf-cart (in the background by the terminal building). With no cars on this island, golf-carts and bicycles are the main means of transportation used over the short distances on sandy roads.

We were going to trudge off with our back-packs, but the lone employee meeting the airplane said he would call us a golf-cart to take us directly to our accommodations at the Trends Beachfront Hotel. At only US$5 for the two of us, I said sure, and within 15 minutes we were enjoying the sights of this beautiful little island as we headed for our new 'home'! We were looking forward to getting out of our 'Atlanta clothes' and into something a bit more tropical as the vacation was now officially underway!

• Beaches

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo

Golf Cart Taxis

by JetlagCity Written Feb 26, 2005

golf cart taxi

There are actually taxis on this small island, in the form of electric golf carts. Usually there's one waiting at the dock when the water taxi arrives, and for other trips you can just ask your hotel to call one for you. I took the taxi twice, due to my foot injury, and they charged $3.50US each time.

• Disabilities

• Maria_75's Profile Photo

Golfcarts

by Maria_75 Written Nov 9, 2004

Take a golfcart if you don't want to walk

There are just a handful of cars on the island, and there is really no point of having a car there. Many of the locals use electric golfcarts instead. The island is not so big, and it's a great way of getting around. Even the police have their own golfcart! It's one of the funniest things I've seen in my life... :) And of course the taxi is also a golfcart. If you want to try one yourself, you can hire it many places.

• dovalyn's Profile Photo

getting around Caye Caulker

by dovalyn Written Sep 1, 2003

what? no golf course!!

Getting around Caye Caulker is very easy. Most get around by way of walking and many of the locals walk with nothing on their feet!! Renting a bike is another inexpensive way for just dollars a day. My son and I rented a golf cart for an hour just to get our bearings and to see where everything is located, ie banks, stores, shops and restaurants. We pretty much did the whole island by golf cart and pegged down the local places that we probably would have found on our own should we have walked but a golf cart adventure to a 10 year old is something completely different than it is to me. We waved to everyone who passed us as they had waved to us previously when we were on foot.

• Hiking and Walking

• Assenczo's Profile Photo

You won't believe it is not a golf course

by Assenczo Updated Feb 22, 2009
    You'd better belieze it!

BLZ$5 per person from the pier to any destination on the island. Watch them whizz by splashing in the whitish puddles.

• paradisedreamer's Profile Photo

Golf Cart

by paradisedreamer Written Nov 9, 2005

You can rent golf carts on the island for about $20 for half a day, its fun but not really necessary as the island is so small you can easily do it on foot.

• amybrooke's Profile Photo

Golf Cart

by amybrooke Written Nov 2, 2005

This is the only way you can travel. Its not expensive...cost us about $15 for 4 hours worth of use. Everyone is on them on the island.

Instant Answers: Caye Caulker

Comments

Other Transportation in Caye Caulker