Places to eat in San Pedro

Most Viewed Restaurants in San Pedro

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Celi's Restaurant: Inexpensive quick meal

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 2, 2009

We happen to stop here on our last day in Belize for a quick lunch meal before walking to the airport for our flight out of San Pedro.

The restaurant is located on the beach, with tables under cover with sand beneath your feet. It is more like a "quick and good" place to grab something to eat. There is nothing exciting about this place, but our meal was quite good and we were happy we stopped in.

Favorite Dish: We sat at a table by the window (actually, plastic tent like covering). I was perusing the menu and trying to figure out what to eat when another patron recommended we order the special, Salbute...disk like fried shells with chicken, cheese tomato, onions and a cole slaw like salad topped with jalapeno peppers. Yum, they were quite good.

The dish cost $14 Belize ($7US), we washed it down with a coke and off we went to catch our flight.

They have a large menu with many good looking dishes at very reseasonable prices.

Reef Restaurant: For Local Faire

by LostBoyPN Written Feb 24, 2005

This small, colorful restaurant has nice decor. It's on one of the middle streets, so the interior needs to be attractive since you aren't on the beach. It works. Good service and good food.

Favorite Dish: I had the grilled snapper with rice and beans. Good stuff.

Jambel Jerk Pit: Jerk Shrimp and Coconut Curry Chicken

by LostBoyPN Written Feb 24, 2005

The restaurant itself is clean and Americanized with TVs on the wall. Good size. So, if you're homesick or need elbow room, it's a welcoming place.

Favorite Dish: The jerk shrimp appetizer was delicious. The Key Lime Pie was fantastic.

Mango's: Delicious Creole Dishes

by LostBoyPN Written Feb 24, 2005

Located right on the beach, Mango's is a festive restaurant. They had live music (albeit loungy-type) and loud patrons, but the food and drink more than made up for it.

Favorite Dish: I ate the chicken and pork jambalaya and it was mouth-watering good. They have a large selection of fruity liquor drinks, too, if you want.

• duelmen's Profile Photo

Jambel Jerk Pit: Warning: no prices posted

by duelmen Written Apr 16, 2007

This was a place I definitely was interested in visiting after reading the reviews. During the day my family stopped by to inquire about their Wednesday night buffet. We were told it was $20 per person. Later in the evening we decided to stop by. My daughter who isn't a very big eater asked to order off the menu. She was told she could not. We went ahead and ordered the buffet for the four of us.

When you approach the buffet the food is lighted by dark colored lights that prevent you from actually seeing what is being served. You must ask the person standing behind the food what each item is. After trying several of the dishes, I would not consider this a great buffet.

When I asked for the bill I was very suprised that I was charged $25 per person. The waitress said that was the price. I told her I had inquired earlier in the day, but she didn't seem to care. I asked where the price was displayed with $25 per person. She said it wasn't posted anywhere. So I guess she could have written anything down.

Bottom-line: If you want to eat mediocre food that you can't recognize and pay a lot of money for, this is your place.

Favorite Dish: The Belikan Beer. It's the only thing I could recognize.

• bchurchill's Profile Photo

Elvi's Kitchen: Don't miss the fried snapper

by bchurchill Written Mar 7, 2006

This is the best food in town, and maybe on the Caye. There is excellent ambience with the sand on the gound and decor inside. All of the Food is Fantastic!

Favorite Dish: The Fried Whole Snapper was the best. For an appetizer try the seafood sampler.

• bchurchill's Profile Photo

The Blue Water Grill: More good seafood

by bchurchill Written Mar 7, 2006

Theis resturant is located at the Sun Breeze Beach resort. If you don't make reservations expect to get drunk at the bar while waiting...either way its a good time. The Snook was recommended by and Expat at the bar, and it was very good. The Grouper was also good.

Favorite Dish: Everything

• Wade The Gringo Burgers: Best Burger in Belize

by AverageGringo Written Dec 12, 2011

The burgers served at the Roadkill bar by Wade the Gringo are great. The bar is on the side of the road, with out door seating and ice cold beer

Favorite Dish: Got to try the Big Gringo burger. A copy of the Big Mac, but so much better. The kids loved the Kids Meals. Burger, Fries and a toy.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

• doug91's Profile Photo

Mango's: High-End Casual Beachfront Dining

by doug91 Written May 9, 2008

Creative, good food, great desserts, and good cocktails served in an open-air beachfront setting. We were there in shoulder season, so although we still needed reservations and the bar area was pretty packed, it wasn't as cramped as I imagine it must get during high season. Definitely worth a visit.

• doug91's Profile Photo

Jambel Jerk Pit: Affordable Caribbean Food

by doug91 Written May 9, 2008

Very casual Jamaican place on the main drag in downtown San Pedro. I'm a sucker for good Caribbean jerk dishes, and this place definitely delivered. The other folks in our party, who're more objective about such things, also really enjoyed their selections. More vegetarian selections than most restaurants on the island -- one of the folks at our resort mentioned that all the Rasta boys hang out there. Good option for some variety on San Pedro.

Blue Water Grill: Seafood Delight

by wreckloose Updated Nov 2, 2009

The Blue Water Grill is the restaurant located within the Sunbreeze Hotel. Situated on the beachside of the hotel, the view of the surrounding Caribbean Sea is incredible. The staff were always friendly and helpful... whether we were at the bar for a quick beer or sitting down in the dining room for a nice dinner. There is no dress code here, but for dinner, smart casual is better than flip flops and swim trunks.

Favorite Dish: Love the coconut shrimp. Incredible.

Wild Mango's: My favorite

by wreckloose Written Nov 2, 2009

Owned by celebrated local chef Amy Knox, Wild Mango's was definitely personal dining favorite on the island. The menu is Caribbean food infused with spicy Latin flavors from Cuba, Argentina and Mexico. The seating is divided between a beach front patio and inside a smallish dining room.

Favorite Dish: The pulled pork taquitos and the fish burritos were a hit, as was the tilapia. However, by far and away the best dish here wasn't even the main course, but the BANANA CHIMICHANGA dessert. Trying to describe how good this dessert tastes is futile without actually trying it, but I should note that I am typically not even a fan of ice cream or anything sweet for that matter, so that should put into perspective how highly I think of this dish.

Capricorn: Just... wow

by wreckloose Written Nov 2, 2009

My girlfriend's sister used to live in San Pedro, and during that time became friend's with the owner of a restaurant/resort named Capricorn. When she suggested we eat there, we sort've balked at the idea because it was so far from where we were staying and because of how much we would drink at dinner, driving our golf carts intoxicated through the darkness of northern San Pedro seemed an impossibility. Stepping in with the solution was Jaime's friend who dispatched her staff aboard her personal boat to pick us up from our hotel. Not only was the boat ride an incredible touch, but I don't think of us (except maybe Jaime) were actually prepared for the "awesome"-ness (for lack of a more apt definition) of this restaurant or its food. The only thing better than the view from our table and friendliness of the staff, was the food itself.

Favorite Dish: The stone crab claws and garlic shrimp were among the best (and freshest) I've ever had. The filet mignon is also very very good. For dessert, Capricorn's key lime pie rivals any you've likely tasted. It seems ever since I got to San Pedro that I became a sucker for coconut ice cream, and their version was as good a rendition as any I've had (with the possible exception of Wild Mango's coconut ice cream).

• Luxury Travel

Portofino
Latest: Apr 12, 2014

Instant Answers: San Pedro

• Nov 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Pirate's Treasure Restaurant & Bar!

Best Island Experience Ever with belizean food that is to die for! You must try this new restaurant!! The shrimp tacos is hands down the best I have ever had, and i travel all over the world!

San Pedro Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and San Pedro locals.
Map of San Pedro