3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 6 Reviews

by ShellyLe
    by diver-x
  • Hannah's Restaurant: More on Hannah's

by krisjacks Written Jul 19, 2007

Hannah's ingredients are for the most part organic. They apparently have their own farm from which they get their meat and eggs. You can definitely taste the quality. Also they have fantastic breakfasts. Great waitstaff- one of our favourites was "Mercy"

Favorite Dish: One of the best hamburgers I've ever had!

• ShellyLe's Profile Photo

Hannah's Restaurant: Hannah's is Local Flavor at its best

by ShellyLe Updated Mar 21, 2005

Hannah's

Hannah's has been completely spiffed up lately. It appears to have a new paint job and is clean and bright. The waiters are friendly, and the food is plentiful and very good. We had the Chicken Curry and Pork Vindaloo, both which were very good. The Vindaloo was very hot and spicy and just perfect. The atmosphere is fun and borders on loud, with local artwork on several walls: paintings and slate carvings. The place is clean and the food is highly recommended! It's right downtown, quite small, but easy to find. Everyone will know where it is. I would have gone there several times if we had stayed in the city longer.

Favorite Dish: Pork Vindaloo was great if you like spicy hot! I saw another customer eating what looked like a giant fruit plate with melons that looked wonderful too. Hannah's even has decent coffee.

• Hannah's Restaurant: Friendly service and the best food in town!

by TOrion Written Aug 13, 2004

We just returned from San Ignacio and were appalled to read some of the negative comments in this forum about Hannah's.

We checked out most of the restaurants in town and chose to eat nearly all of our dinners at Hannah's. The food was delicious and very fresh and served by a cordial staff who were extremely gracious. Hannah's is clean and very well maintained. The place was packed every night! This is a 'don't miss' place as far as we're concerned.

Favorite Dish: The garden salad- a huge portion of fresh greens, avocado, beets and crumbled feta cheese... it was delicious!

• Hannah's Restaurant: Under Bad Management - Food is Terrible!!!!

by roustabout Written Feb 10, 2004

Wear a helmet - The restaurant is about to collapse. The owner is a complete *** while pretending to be sincere. He purposely overcharged us on the wine, which was sour and flat. The food was cold and and the lamb curry, which my wife and I looked so forward to eating, was spoiled, bland, and scary looking. Glasses looked like they hadn't been washed in ages. Fortunately, the toilet (filthy), is two feet from every table!

Favorite Dish: Please, it was an awful experience. Go to Martha's for real food.

• Hannah's Restaurant: Give This Place a Miss - Rats, Spoiled Food

by roustabout Updated Jan 14, 2004

Save your money. Took five friends and had to wait nearly 1.5 hours to eat. The food was cold, the plates were dirty, and the wine was flat. Top it off, we had a rat run across the dining room. I've heard similar horror stories about this place from other travelers in Belize -- after we "ate" there. Go to Eva's or Erva's and get a decent meal.

Favorite Dish: I had the chicken curry. No flavor. Spongy chicken. Dirty silverware. Really, it traumatizes me to go into any more detail. Skip this dump.

• diver-x's Profile Photo

Hannah's Restaurant: Thai, Indian & Belizean Fare

by diver-x Updated Aug 5, 2003

Hannah's Restaurant, San Ignacio

Hannah's was my favorite restaurant in San Ignacio. There's no air-conditioning, and no glass in the windows. The tables & chairs are basic. But the food is truly delicious! I got the best Thai meal I've ever had here. They definitely don't hold back on the heat & spice! Vegetarians will have lots to choose from here too.

Favorite Dish: Thai Chicken