Serendib, San Ignacio

• Serendib
    by ymike2000
  • Serendib: Really great food

by hairyhippo Written Jan 29, 2004

Well, it's really Sri Lankan, but that was the closest description I could find. The food is delicious. We all had different dishes. We tasted each other's dishes and loved them all. Wonderful sauces, excellent potatoes. The menu had vegetarian dishes, meat and seafood. The service is good, too. The restaurant has fans, indoor and outdoor seating. They also have good ice cream. The price was very reasonable - moderate - and, considering the quality of the food, an excellent value.

Favorite Dish: I loved everything we tried.

• Serendib: Authentic. Real. Serendib.

by junglejuice Written Nov 30, 2005

perfection.
    genuine.
    authentic.

i keep telling my friends that if you want true indian food to die for u go here. don't be fooled by the fake indian restaurant up the street called hannahs. yes, you have to go down the main street a bit to reach serendib but the effort is so worth it all. and their outdoor patio is beautiful.

enjoy!

Favorite Dish: everything. there's not a bad dish at this place.

• Paul2001's Profile Photo

The Serendib Restaurant: A good Sri Lankan Restaurant

by Paul2001 Updated May 23, 2008

I have a tendency to try out different cuisines in the most unlikely places (like Mexican in New Delhi). In San Ignacio I found a restaurant serving Sri Lankan food. This turned into a good choice as the food was very good. I thought it was nearly empty at first until I entered the patio out back. The patio was in fact nearly full thanks to a bus tour eating here. The service was pretty pleasant but slow because of the tour. Another negative feature, although not the restaurant's fault, is the noisy bar behind it.

Favorite Dish: I had a very good chicken based dish.

The Serendib Restaurant

• Icemaiden02's Profile Photo

Serendib: Serendib: Authentic Sri Lankan cuisine

by Icemaiden02 Updated May 6, 2007

Touted as perhaps the only Sri Lankan restaurant in Central America, we stopped by Serendib for lunch one day. The food is authentically good, service is relatively quick and hospitable.

The curries are excellent, also try the fried rice. Central room is small, but there's ample room on the outdoor patio, behind the restaurant. Walls are decorated with Sri Lankan tourism photos, and there is a wide selection of Ceylon Tea for purchase at the counter.

We thoroughly enjoyed the meal. We hear the icecream was good too but didn't get a chance-- the meal was so filling!

Favorite Dish: Curried chicken with fried rice.

• ymike2000's Profile Photo

Serendib: Interesting...

by ymike2000 Written Jan 11, 2003

Is this the only Sri-Lankan Restaurant in Central America? I've heard good things about it, next time in San Ignacio I will check it out.

Instant Answers: San Ignacio