Nightclubs and bars in Belize

Happy Hour at the Bamboo Grill
    The Bamboo Grill in Caye Caulker, Belize
    by Jefie
    Having fun on the rooftop terrace

Most Viewed Nightlife in Belize

• wardski12's Profile Photo

Placencia: Boozing in Placencia

by wardski12 Written May 22, 2008

There are lots of small drinking establishments dotted along the main walkways in Placencia. Most of them are pretty good and relatively cheap.

There are sometimes a few problems though:

Some of the bars run a tab based service which can be a problem. Keep track of what you have been drinking.

Also we had a local (called John Wayne) sit down with us and order drinks, only to try and make us foot the bill. So be careful that people don't try and take advantage.

Dress Code: General easy going, no general dress code in Placencia's bars

• bettybettylicious's Profile Photo

BC's Beach Bar: College Sports watching bar

by bettybettylicious Updated Apr 23, 2008

BC's Beach Bar is a great place to watch sports. They have a big screen TV, and the college games were on when were there. It's right on the beach, and there are tons of college tees tacked up all over the palapa. The ambience, truthfully, is no different than the other beach bars, but it's a cool place to get a drink. The nachos are amazing there, and not expensive. As you can tell, we had nachos frequently during our week there!

• bettybettylicious's Profile Photo

Road Kill Bar: Open air bar and some live music

by bettybettylicious Written Apr 23, 2008

Road Kill Bar is across the street from Crazy Canucks. We liked this bar because it was all outdoors and right on the street. There was live music the night that we went and it was pretty packed! The music was very Jimmy Buffett-esque, but i think that's how all the bands are that visit and perform in Belize. As mentioned, many of the bars have the same vibe, but it was still a friendly and casual place to have a drink.

• Paul2001's Profile Photo

The Riverside Tavern: A Good place for drinks and dinner in Belize City

by Paul2001 Updated Mar 17, 2008

I quickly grew tired of the menu offered at my hotel in Belize City so I thought I would hope into a taxi and go to the restaurant/tavern that offers the best burgers in Belize. Well that sounded enticing so I thought that I would order a cheeseburger. Darn if it was not the best cheeseburger I had in Belize too. And the largest. I ordered a 6oz burger and could barely eat the thing through. Apparently they offer a 20oz burger on the menu that they claim cannot be eaten within two hours and will bet on it. I know a fellow who could take them on this one.
    The tavern aspect to this place is that it is set up much the same as an American sports bar. TV screens everywhere showing sports. All centred around an island bar. The place was near empty during my visit but start to get busy as I exited. Most of the clientele seemed to be ex-pat Americans and well-bred locals.

• livinmydreams's Profile Photo

Placencia: Good music and a good mix of people

by livinmydreams Updated Jan 21, 2008

We arrived in Placencia on a Sunday which lucky for us was the night the Barefoot Bar and grill has live music. The Barefoot is located mid way on the boardwalk, there is a large empty sand lot next to them. Our hotel was right next to it so we headed over and where plesantly suprised with some good live music 6-10pm. The music was good and it brought out a lot of tourist as well as a lot of the locals. There is a huge outdoor dance floor that sits between the outside bar, the stage for the band and Tipsy Tuna's sports bar. We had a lot of fun, the drinks are good and the food is WONDERFUL.

During the day it's a good place to get sun, they clean up the beach, rake it and have lounge chairs for people to use.

Dress Code: No shirt, no shoes - no problem. Casual but as day turns into night a number of people change to beach casual.

• Diana_Rae's Profile Photo

San Pedro: Wild Nights at Wet Willys!

by Diana_Rae Written Dec 24, 2005

Good drinks, but PACKED at night! There is a mixture of locals and tourists, but the drinks are good and the bartenders are fast. The rail vodka is Absolute, which is very nice. The dance floor is always hopping, but the crowd makes it tough to shake it at times.

This is another bar/grill out on a dock, located on the edge of Downtown San Pedro. They also have a great ocean view deck out back, and have a good number of places to sit and cool down. The back bar ouside offers another place to get drinks, and sometimes free shots if you're lucky.

Dress Code: It's Belize, there's no dress code here!!

Girls make sure you're comfortable, because if you like to dance you'll be sweating in no time! The ocean breeze will take your skirt up when you go outside, so be careful and guard yourself!
    Guys wore mostly tees and shorts, some wore button ups, but most people were too busy dancing or drinking to really notice.

It's a trend in Belize to not care about what you're wearing and to just have fun!

• School Holidays

• Diana_Rae's Profile Photo

The Tackle Box: The Dock Rocks!

by Diana_Rae Written Dec 24, 2005

Like many restaurants on the island, The Tackle Box was located out on a large dock on the water. This made for a great outdoor patio area and a fun bar and dance floor on the inside. The younger locals come out and try their hardest to shake their booties with the tourists, but don't let them get too fresh or they won't leave you alone!

The drinks are delicious and some of the cheapest in town I found. On select nights, they have live music, which is much more fun than just a DJ spinning. Ladies, be careful when you hit the patio in a skirt, the ocean breeze is merciless, and these guys LOVE seeing your London and France.

Dress Code: There is no dress code, it's Belize!

For the ladies, skirts go over well...they get you free drinks, but are also a hassle in the breeze. Tank tops are necessity, as it gets steamy on the dance floor. Don't wear your stilettos though, because this is a dock and you're heels will get stuck or fall through!

Guys mostly wore jeans or shorts and tees, nothing too fancy. Most of the tourists had those hawaiian style button ups, so don't feel like you won't fit in if you've got one!

• School Holidays

• virtualshan's Profile Photo

I&I Bar: Nightime Hangout

by virtualshan Written Aug 29, 2005

The I&I Bar is a great reggae hangout on the island. If you're lucky, you'll get to meet "The Lyrical King" - a local Reggae singer who frequents the place.

You need to buy a drink to go to the uppermost level of the bar, but it's worth it for the view and the hammocks.

Dress Code: casual

• mcsmiles77's Profile Photo

Caye Caulker: Walk along the Beach and in Town

by mcsmiles77 Written Apr 9, 2005

Although the island seemed to have select bars with live music, we enjoyed just walking around the town and along the beach. As a female, I was comfortable enough to walk around at night by myself because the island is so small and I felt safe. However, there were a lot of men hanging around at night, so just ignore any remarks and keep on walking.

Dress Code: It does not really get chilly at night, but if you are walking along the beach you may need to add a layer of light clothing

• kyoub's Profile Photo

San Pedro: At your service

by kyoub Written Feb 16, 2005

The one night that we wanted to get dressed up and go somewhere special, we chose the Victoria House.
    As the name implies, it is a pretty Victorian House, on a nice stretch of beach.
    We called to ask their hours of serving dinner, they asked where we were staying, then they sent a car to pick us up.
    That is service.

• Dumas's Profile Photo

Capricorn Bar: The Capricorn Bar Scene

by Dumas Updated Nov 24, 2004

It's a small bar. The bartenders are good both Maurice and Clyve. You might think Maurice has an attitude, but he's just a cool cat. The owners may be sitting next to you sharing a drink. Most people walk from all the other resorts to hang out here. Young people share there tales of the day whether it be diving, the ruins, jungle treks or whatever. People come here because it is just a cool place to hang out, period. Ask for the squashed turtles.....excellent drink. Come around 6pm, have a couple drinks then eat at what is voted the best restaurant in Central America, just 10 feet away.

Dress Code: relaxed, whatever you want......it's Belize!!

• brighteyes79's Profile Photo

Jungle Bar (I think it was...

by brighteyes79 Written Aug 26, 2002

Jungle Bar (I think it was called that way back then)
    I've never seen a bar like this. It was very original! It's a bar with different levels and instead of boring chairs you can sit on swings or lay back in hammocks. The reaggea music will putyou right in the Caye Caulker mood!

Dress Code: Anything but please leave your bow tie and black dress at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The less you wear, the better!

• Philadelphia's Profile Photo

Ambergris Caye - San...

by Philadelphia Written Aug 26, 2002

Ambergris Caye - San Pedro
    Reputed to be the best nightlife in Belize there are a few bars and dance clubs to try.
    Jaguars - the most established dance club. Its like a very small version of hte cheesy clubs you can find in any city. A bit hokey, but the drinks are cheep and there is a real mix of people here; tourist, locals; all ages (above drinking age); all ethnic groups. The music is latin and r&b.
    Shark Bar - on the dock it's deck contains a shark pit. I had heard that it was a great place that locals frequented, But on my trip it was not much fun.

Dress Code: None that I ever saw.

• darthmilmo's Profile Photo

It's not a spot, but a...

by darthmilmo Written Aug 26, 2002

It's not a spot, but a festival. Lobster Festival is a kewl festival with tons of punta dancing and more. If you are lucky enough to be in Caye Caulker during the festival, stay and enjoy it for a few days.

• politigal's Profile Photo

I only remember really 'going...

by politigal Written Aug 26, 2002

I only remember really 'going out' one night. If you've read my other pages you know I love to drink but I'm not really down for the big club scene. I love little bars where you can talk with a travel companion or meet new people. After a few rummy drinks I gain more coordination (yea right!) and can possibly be coerced into tripping the light fantastic, but usually I just like to talk. Belize was perfect for me becasue every few steps on the sandy beaches in San Pedro and you would stumble upon a new place that looks like this.

Dress Code: I wore a bikini and a sarong every where I went.

Belize Hotels

Sergeants Cay Hotels
Seine Bight Village Hotels
2 Reviews - 1 Photo

Instant Answers: Belize

Comments

Belize Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Belize nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Belize sightseeing.
Map of Belize