De Thatch, Placencia Village

by Kacia
  • YolandaC's Profile Photo

De Thatch: Don't miss special of the day

by YolandaC Written Oct 12, 2005

The DeTatch is located right on the beach and is connected to the Seaspray - I ate here a lot! The music is always interesting, lately it's been blues and the service good.

Favorite Dish: The daily special is always wonderful. There are two choices - one always being seafood. The portions are huge so sharing with another is possible. I love the curry shrimp with coconut rice - still dream of it today!

• diver-x's Profile Photo

De Thatch: If You Need Breakfast Early...

by diver-x Updated Aug 5, 2003

De Thatch is the place to go if you need breakfast and you've got an early-morning activity planned. We needed to meet our group for diving at 7:30, and we were able to get in and out of De Thatch in 20 minutes with a warm meal, coffee & juice in our bellies. De Thatch has an open-air, sheltered patio and also indoor seating. The breezier patio seating is much more desirable.

Favorite Dish: The breakfast burrito was very good and was more than enough for breakfast. We also ate dinner there once and although I don't recall what I ordered, I know it was pretty good. I do remember that we ordered mudslides for desert, which were excellent! My pet peeve is a mudslide without enough chocolate syrup and I was not disappointed here! This was a chocolate-lover's mudslide!

• De Thatch: Good food and atmosphere

by kuklub Written Mar 31, 2006

This open air restaurant was enjoyed by our small group. The food and service were very good, the portions generous, and the prices very reasonable. The coconut curry shrimp "special" was very popular. I also enjoyed the creole shrimp. Of the places we dined at in Placencia, this was the best overall value. Thumbs up!

• BergsFinest's Profile Photo

De Thatch: Great Breakfast

by BergsFinest Written Jun 10, 2006

Would of liked to try another meal, but the breakfast was great. I loved my breakfast burrito, one of the best while I was in Belize.

Favorite Dish: The Stuffed Jack is the way to go...it's a Belizean special. Almost liked a fried breakfast burrito.

• Kacia's Profile Photo

De Tatch: Eating by moonlight...

by Kacia Updated Jan 15, 2005
    De Tatch in Placencia

De Tatch is the only place I ate in Placencia, other than Tutti Frutti gelateria (which was very good, by the way). It was right by our hotel - Sea Spray - and every meal I had there was good and reasonably priced. I won't promise that you'll get your food quickly, though. I tried a few of the shrimp dishes - lime butter and coconut jerk, mmm... - and our tour group ordered a lot of drinks called Panty Rippers. Not sure what was in them other than rum, but they were yummy. One night we were there the electricity went out for around a half hour, which apparently happens there now and again. They made sure each table had a candle, though, and we still got a few drinks while we waited for the lights to come back on.

• Beaches
    • Diving and Snorkeling

Instant Answers: Placencia Village

Comments

View all Placencia Village hotels