Anegada Travel Guide

Loblolly Bay, Anegada, BVI
    The Pond, Anegada, BVI

Anegada Things to Do

• by sabsi Updated Dec 19, 2008

We came to Loblolly Bay twice on our day on Anegada. When we first came here after our visit to Dotsy's Bakery we were planning to have breakfast on the beach. Clouds were looking dramatic and within minutes it started to rain heavily. We escaped and came back a few hours later when the sun was out again. At the beginning there were a few people here but they left rather quickly and we had this perfect stretch of sand all to ourselves. Thomas snorkelled a bit around the reef and saw "fish-shaped fish", I relaxed on the beach for a while.

There are several ways to get to Loblolly Bay which is quite long. Our first stop was near the Flash of Beauty beach bar. The 2nd time we came we parked our car at the Big Bamboo and went to the beach from here. Latter bit of beach was more scenic I think. I didn't quite enjoy the fishy smell of the Big Bamboo though. It's said to be the best place for lobster on the island but I was happy when we moved away from the smell.

Loblolly Bay, Anegada, BVI Loblolly Bay, Anegada, BVI Loblolly Bay, Anegada, BVI Loblolly Bay, Anegada, BVI Loblolly Bay, Anegada, BVI

• by sabsi Written Dec 19, 2008

We kind of found Cow Wreck Beach by accident. It wasn't really on my to-do-list when we started touring Anegada. Luckily we saw a sign and decided to have lunch here. What a beach!!!! The colours were more perfect here than anywhere else on the islands. As usual there was nobody on the beach. The sea was calm and the beach wonderful. We had lunch at the bar & grill and sat down at one of the tables facing the sea. It was so beautiful I didn't care that the food was mediocre. This place quickly became my favourite place on Anegada and when I think of a BVI beach now, it's this one I am dreaming of.

Cow Wreck Beach, Anegada, BVI Cow Wreck Beach, Anegada, BVI Cow Wreck Beach, Anegada, BVI Cow Wreck Beach, Anegada, BVI

• thekohser's Profile Photo

by thekohser Written Jul 24, 2003

Most visitors come to Anegada from the south. Take a taxi truck across the narrow island to the north shore, where you will find amazing beaches, with a little restaurant that asks "how many lobsters?" when you get out of the taxi.

Anegada north shore beach

Keel Point, , Anegada, Caribbean

• Anegada Beach Cottages

Caribbean

Instant Answers: Anegada

Comments

Anegada Travel Guide
Map of Anegada