Places to eat in British Virgin Islands

Pork Loin with Banana Chutney

Most Viewed Restaurants in British Virgin Islands

• Myett's Garden & Grille: DELICIOUS BUT DANGEROUS

by sabsi Updated Apr 11, 2014

We came to Myett's in Cane Garden Bay for lunch on our island tour of Tortola the first day we were here. We loved the shady table not far from the beach, the food was great too. Only the fact that the prices on the bill were higher than those on the menu destroyed the good impression. Apart from that this is a good place for lunch.

2014 we came here both for lunch and dinner. Service was slow in the evening and unfortunately the very tasty food was cold when we got it.

Favorite Dish: I have Ceasar's Salad with Jerk Chicken. There could have been a few more croutons but apart from that it was very tasty. Thomas had a Roti and wasn't too impressed. In the evening I had a Ceasar's Salad with Mahi Mahi which was the best salad I had on Tortola - even though it was cold by the time I got it.

Soggy Dollar Bar, Jost van Dyke: NOT ONLY THE DRINKS ARE GREAT HERE

by sabsi Written Apr 11, 2014

When you had too many of the tasty Painkillers at SDB in the midday sun it's a good idea to order some food! There are some simple but tasty things on the menu.

Favorite Dish: They serve Sandwiches, Burgers, Wraps Fish & Chips ... the usual lunch options on the BVI. I had a burger once which was greasy and great and it came with a lovely but very garlicy pasta salad. The other time I had a Mahi Mahi sandwich which was lovely, too.

• Beaches

• 1 more image

Sebastian's, Tortola: HMMMM PANCAKES

by sabsi Updated Apr 11, 2014

We came to Sebastian's on the only day where we didn't feel like having bagels for breakfast on our verandah. We had heard good things about Sebastian's and we passed by here several times a day anyway so we gave it a try. What a good decision. Staff was friendly, the table overlooking the beach from the terrace was fantastic and the food was great, too. In 2014 we tested Sebastian's for both breakfast and dinner. In the evening the food was lovely, too, and so was the staff. A great experience to have a tasty Ceasar's Salad listening to the waves crashing on the beach underneath you!

Favorite Dish: I had banana pancakes and loved them so much, I wanted them every day from that day on. Sooooo yummy! Washed down with a cold pineapple juice this was one of my favourite meals on the islands :)

Cooper Island Beach Club: WORTH A DETOUR

by sabsi Written Apr 11, 2014

The restaurant on Cooper Island belongs to the Cooper Island Beach Club, a modern eco-resort located exclusively on the small island. You only get here by boat, so you meet mostly sailors here. We were lucky to have gotten a transfer with one of the dive boats by Sail Caribbean Divers. These bring hotel guests to the island and back.

Favorite Dish: We had lunch in the restaurant once and were thrilled about the great flavours! I had Fish & Chips which were served in a bucket and were excellent. Thomi had the chicken roti and loved it. Lucnhtime prices were very reasonable, around 15$ for a meal.

• Spa and Resort
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• Charlie's Restaurant: PROBABLY THE BEST FOOD ON TORTOLA

by sabsi Written Apr 11, 2014

We ate with a big group here on night during our stay in 2014. Delicious wines and great food turned this dinner into a wonderful evening by the sea.

Favorite Dish: The food is mediterranean with a Caribbean touch. I had the best truffle risotto of my entire life here. (And with more than 30$ the most expensive, too!) So good, I would love to eat it every day.

• Wine Tasting
    • Sailing and Boating

Bananakeet Café: OUR NEW FAVOURITE

by sabsi Written Apr 11, 2014

"The higher you get, the better the view" is the slogan of this restaurant which belongs to the "Heritage Inn". For a reason: The views from their terrace are amazing, especially at sunset. Hence, every day when the sun disappears, the waiter appears - with a free sundowner shot! We were spoilt with views all the time during our stay on the BVI because the house we stayed in is located even higher. But for those people who stay in one of the bays (where most hotels are located) this restaurant offers one of the view terraces with a panorama view on Tortola and the surrounding islands.

The staff as well as the food are amazing. Our friendly waitress made our visit here unforgettable - which might also because we ordered way too much garlic bread even though she had warned us that it would be way too much ;)

Favorite Dish: I had a great starter but I cannot remember what it was. Some bruschetta style bread I think. I will never forget the main course, though. It was pork loin with banana chutney which was made with a lot of rum - so good I had to try and cook something similar as soon as we got home from our vacation. Mine wasn't half as good...

Prices were rather high but as the quality was excellent we didn't care!

• 3 more images

Fish n Lime Inn, Tortola: THIS USED TO BE OUR FAVOURITE!

by sabsi Updated Apr 11, 2014

When this restaurant still was called "The Jolly Roger Inn" it was our absolute favourite 'on island'. We went here several times during our stay in 2008 because in our opinion we had the best food and the friendliest waitress here when we visited first. Unfortunately the Jolly Roger is no more.

This casual outdoor restaurant near the West End of Tortola is now called "Fish n Lime Inn". The atmosphere is still good, however, the food and service did not entirely convince us in 2014. Especially our old favourite, the chicken wings, were a big letdown! Luckily we found a new favourite restaurant instead :)

Atmosphere and location are still great and the place is still popular: Large groups of sailors come over from Soper's Hole Marina by taxi or dinghy (the restaurant is right at the water's edge!). The local police might still stop here for a snack and a chat at the bar from time to time. Also local families still come and visit. If you are a large group you better reserve a table in advance.

Favorite Dish: 2008: On our first visit I had the best fish & chips I have ever had here (and I had many!!!). They came with a mango sauce tartare I could die for! The second time I had a ceasar's salad with jerk chicken - one of my island favourites! It was great but not as good as the fish. Both times we shared the fantastic Hot Wings which were the best on the island. Prices are very reasonable by the way. Main courses cost from 10 (Pizza, Burgers) to 30$ (Daily specials, grill, fish).

2014: The food was nothing to write home about really but they served Poutine which we loved :)

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Sabastion's on the beach: Great seafood

by kyoub Updated Apr 4, 2011

We could walk to Sabastion's from our cottage.
    Most every evening we would go there for some delicious seafood.
    They most always had entertainment also.
    Everyone was very friendly and the restaurant is on the beach with an ocean view.

Favorite Dish: Locally caught fish with their special sauces.

• 4 more images

Pusser's Landing, Tortola: A CLASSIC

by sabsi Updated Dec 15, 2008

Pusser's, the restaurant chain of the Original Navy Rum company, might be one of the most commercial places on the BVI, still the food we got here was mostly very good. And the painkillers are tasty, too!

There are several Pusser's's on the islands: One on their own island, Marina Cay. One in Leverick Bay, Virgin Gorda. Then there's the pub in Road Town. And the one we came to for lunch once and for dinner another time, Pusser's Landing in Soper's Hole.

Prices are ok during lunchtime. For dinner I found them a bit too high actually for a casual place like Pusser's.

All Pusser's have a company store selling mostly ugly clothes, painkiller mugs, rum and spices. The ladies' t-shirts are quite nice but that's about it.

Favorite Dish: When we came for lunch we started with the legendary Pusser's Hot Wings, they were as good as I had hoped for. Very spicy and huge. The burger that followed was nothing to write home about but we washed it down with a tasty painkiller in a take-away mug so that was ok.

When we were here for dinner I started with Jerk Chicken Quesadillas which were wonderful. I had a pizza afterwards that was not very tasty. In fact it tasted like a German deep frozen pizza. Thomas had made the better choice: His coconut crusted Mahi Mahi was fantastic!

• Dotsy's Bakery, Anegada: FRESH CAKES FROM THE BAKERY

by sabsi Written Dec 4, 2008

We had taken the morning ferry from Tortola and really needed breakfast by the time we got to Anegada. The friendly staff at the car rental station told us that if we wanted "something local" we should drive to Dotsy's Bakery, a small yellow house in The Settlement that is signposted.

Dotsy is a great old lady that must be at least 100 years old and - as all great old ladies - she knows how to make cakes! There's fresh cookies, cakes, bread and all kinds of yummy baked goods. An indoor seating area is available but you can also buy for take away - which we did.

Favorite Dish: We got some coconut cake and chocolate chip cookies here for breakfast. Together with a few cold drinks this didn't cost us more than a few dollars. The cake and especially the cookies were fantastic.

Just one word of warning: Please don't visit the restrooms no matter how urgently you need to go. The mosquitos seem to love this place!

Cow Wreck Beach Bar & Grill, Anegada: FOOD WITH A VIEW

by sabsi Updated Dec 4, 2008

For me this simple place in Anegada's Cow Wreck Bay place is very special! Not so much because of the food because that was mediocre. The view, however, was fantastic!

Favorite Dish: I had a cheeseburger which was not very imaginative. Thomas had a lobster salad sandwich, which included too much mayonaise and too little lobster.

• The Bath & Turtle, Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda: GOOD FOOD IN A DOWNTOWN LOCATION

by sabsi Written Dec 4, 2008

We had lunch at The Bath and Turtle restaurant after coming back from The Baths and we were starving. We had heard that the food is good here so we were happy to pass by this place, which is located in the "shopping mall" near the Spanish Town Marina. It was about time to eat at a non-seaview location for a change ;)

Please note: If you still need the seaview bit, there's a little bar at the Marina which belongs to the Bath & Turtle, too. We had a few drinks here when waiting for the ferry back the next day. I am sure you can order the food at this bar, too!

Favorite Dish: I think I had a chicken burger with chips and coleslaw. I was so hungry, I can't even remember more details. I do remember though that portions were huge luckily, prices were low. the waiter was more than friendly and cokes were finally available in "large". So for us it was the perfect place for the occasion!

• A LITTLE ADVISE ON DINING IN THE BVI

by sabsi Updated Dec 3, 2008

Here are just a few tips about dining in the BVI:

Sometimes a service charge will be added to your bill automatically. Make sure to check your check before adding any tip so that you won't tip twice.

Don't worry if you come to a restaurant and you are the only one, especially in low season and at lunchtime this is normal and doesn't mean that the food is bad. There just aren't enough tourists and locals to fill up all restaurants!

Normally restaurants are rather casual but please don't come to a restaurant in beachwear (it's ok for beach bars of course!). I saw cruise tourists in bikinis drinking in Pusser's Pub in Road Town and felt so embarrassed for them! A few classy places require collared shirts and evening style clothes.

Most restaurants have a simple lunch menu featuring burgers, salads, rotis, conch fritters etc. for low prices. In the evenings fish and meat dishes will be added as well as some dollars, too. If you are on a budget you should try to stick to lunch!

Talking of prices. We found it cheaper to eat in a restaurant than to cook ourselves. Supermarket prices are over the top. We didn't feel like paying 10$ for a simple parmesan or 8$ for a pack of ham. Prices for a litre of milk vary from 3 to 6$!

Almost all beach bars offer snacks, too, and the quality was good everywhere we went.

Not all but most places accept Credit Cards.

• AuntMaj's Profile Photo

The Sugar Mill: Great scenery, good food

by AuntMaj Written Dec 27, 2007

The Sugar Mill Restaurant, located within the Sugar Mill Hotel, is actually in an old sugar mill. While the restaurant was not open for lunch, we ate at the seaside grill across the road. They offered lighter fare, sandwiches and fresh fish. I had very tasty conch fritters. While the restaurant and hotel aren't for families with small children, there were little ones at the seaside tables. My sister-in-law has eaten many times at the restaurant and assured us the food is excellent.

Favorite Dish: The conch fritters were very tasty.

• Spa and Resort

• Palm's Delight: Authentic Caribbean

by snowhater Written Mar 7, 2007

Great local food and local charm. Wonderful waterfront location

Favorite Dish: The restaurant is known for it's Gingerwine chicken. This was very good. I also had the catch of the day served with "provisions" which is a starchy sidedish of tubors, potatoes, etc. from what I can tell. Very good meal.

British Virgin Islands Hotels

Cane Garden Bay Hotels
Anegada Hotels
3 Reviews - 19 Photos

Instant Answers: British Virgin Islands

Comments

British Virgin Islands Restaurants

Reviews and photos of British Virgin Islands restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for British Virgin Islands sightseeing.
Map of British Virgin Islands