Tortola Shopping

inside of shop 1997
  • 1770 WEST INDIES MAP - J. M. GOWAN  $35.00
    1770 WEST INDIES MAP - J. M. GOWAN ...
  • MAIN STREET, ROAD TOWN - DAVID CLOUGH print $35.00
    MAIN STREET, ROAD TOWN - DAVID CLOUGH...

Most Recent Shopping in Tortola

• Pusser's: Not the finest West Indies Rum

by joondis Written Sep 19, 2010

Pussers are a set of restaurants some with stores owned by a company in North Carolina (not Caribbean). The one in Sopers Hole serves good burgers and reasonable pizza and the service though slow is friendly. The one in town serves the worst food on the island and has by far the worst service anywhere. The only other one we tried is East End where the burgers were really good and the service wasn't. This one doesn't have a store attached. I would say the most famous rum in the Caribbean is either Mount Gay or Cockspur which are lighter rums, Pussers is very dark and heavy.

This site seems full of adverts placed by the companies themselves.

• Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Sunny Caribbee Spice Co. Ltd: Buying Gifts

by grandmaR Updated Mar 31, 2006

inside of shop 1997

On our first trip to the Virgin Islands, I bought some nice gifts on Tortola. I like to buy things that are made locally, or at least not in Taiwan (unless I'm in Taiwan).

I went into the Sunny Caribbee shop.

What to buy: The first room had various spices and other food type items -- spices, sweets, receipes, herbs, and the like, and also cosmetics and other such items.

In the second room were various types of art and craft items - at least made in the Caribbean if not in the BVI. I bought the picture to give to my son and daughter-in-law. (I didn't take a picture of it then - I took a picture the last time I visited them.) The artist lives and works on Antigua. I bought another one which I gave to my daughter which was made in Haiti, but I don't know where that one is now.

Some craft items include metal sculptures, pottery and ceramics, hand woven baskets, and wood carvings. There are also original paintings, art prints, pottery, West Indian maps, and jewelry.

What to pay: Some items are quite expensive and others are more reasonable.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Cruise

Instant Answers: Tortola

Comments

Tortola Shopping

Reviews and photos of Tortola shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tortola sightseeing.